atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: fbtech day ring group - 05/13/05 07:22 AM
I have 5 extensions ringing at the same time
as part of ring group, i need to modify the
existing programming, where do I do this at.
Posted By: pvj Re: day ring group - 05/13/05 10:53 AM
Be alot easier with some more info.What type of system are we talking about?
Posted By: Test-ok Re: day ring group - 05/13/05 11:01 AM
It's done in system programming, you'll need to edit the stations in the ringing groups program.
Posted By: fbtech Re: day ring group - 05/13/05 11:21 AM
i have an ids 128 with acpu and tie trunk lines
and pri lines setup with did.
Posted By: fbtech Re: day ring group - 05/13/05 11:22 AM
i dont see a "ringing group" on the system
page.
Posted By: Telephonyman Re: day ring group - 05/13/05 01:03 PM
Do you have a group setup for incoming ringing or do you have several stations programmed to ring on lines?
Posted By: JJ Re: day ring group - 05/13/05 01:13 PM
Check station programming and see if lines are programmed to ring day/night at those extensions.

If you do not have voicemail that is probably the easiest way.

Good Luck!!
Posted By: pvj Re: day ring group - 05/13/05 01:16 PM
You might also have 1 phone ringing and other phones ringing off of a ringing pickup key.Check on the phones in question for a code like 901-9XX .

[This message has been edited by pvj (edited May 13, 2005).]
Posted By: fbtech Re: day ring group - 05/16/05 09:09 AM
i have did lines that ring directly to all exts, there is no specific ring assignments
these all rin as a group that can bee seen on system status monitor bottom right hand on screen
Posted By: pvj Re: day ring group - 05/16/05 09:25 AM
If you watch the system status screen when the call rings in on the right hand side of the screen it should show where its ringing to.
Posted By: JJ Re: day ring group - 05/16/05 04:45 PM
Group Pickup is a valuable method that provides quick, efficient answering of calls to your department. Stations can be arranged into groups such that any other station using a single key can answer a call ringing any station in that group. The advantage of pickup groups is that it is not necessary to know which extension in that group is ringing. A station can only be part of one pickup group.

An extension can have several Ringing Group Pickup keys, which can be used to access phones ringing in any particular group. An extension need not be in that pickup group in order to answer, as long as it has a Ringing Group Pickup key.

The Ringing Group Pickup key LED blinks when a call in its group is ringing. The key can also be programmed to ring an extension either:
· As soon as an extension in group begins to ring, or
· After a call has been ringing in a pickup group for a programmed amount of time. (in 10 second increments)

On "A"screen you assign each extension a pickup group. (example x2005 Pichup group 5)

Then goto the extensions you want to ring when extension 2005 rings and on the keys section give it a key of 905. (last 2 didgets define pickup group).

Sub-code on key:
000 = immediate ring
001 – 200 = this number is multiplied by 10 seconds to give the delay time.
201 = the phone does not ring.

Good Luck!!

[This message has been edited by JJ (edited May 17, 2005).]
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help