atcomsystems.ca/forum
My boss would like a couple of extensions to not be able to return to the main phone system. Is there a way to corral these extensions by themselves? Or perhaps just disable the ability to "escape" the VM system? I have gone through the admin guide but can't find anything regarding this.

Thanks in advance!
Your question is a bit confusing. Are you saying that you want to block callers from going anywhere once in a particular voice mail box, while allowing other vmb callers to reach an attendant? This is done in mailbox programming, modifying the Day and Night Dial Zero destination to NONE instead of defaulting to the system operator. Let me know if that answers your question.
Resurrecting this post from the dead as I thought I had it figured out but just got a talking-to about this not working as my boss wants.

Andrea: We don't want people dialing in to two direct-dial numbers to be able to hear the voicemail greeting and then be able to hit # or 0 to return to any other part of the phone system. These two extensions are considered a separate company but reside on the same trunk/InterTel system obviously.

Does that make any more sense?
What do you want to happen when those DIDs are dialed?
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help