atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: intertel22 Intertel Premier Phone System - 09/13/07 07:10 PM
Hello I came accross this forum and there are alot of very knowladgeable people on here. I purchased an Intertel Premier System With Voice Mail off of ebay. I have the information books for the individual handsets but not any type of programming information. I was wondering if anyone would be kind enough to help me through this. I really looking for information. I have a ton of questions. For Example
1. Is there any major I should know?

2. Is there a way to Factory default the system, to get rid of codes I am unaware of?

3. Factory Default The Voicemail?

4. Is there any information on the net I could find in regards to the programming manuals.

5. Is there computer software that would allow me to program it?

Any help you could give would be greatly appriciated. My Vodavi system was a breeze but then again I had the proper books and programming software. I do have pictures of the system if you would like to see it. I have always loved intertel products.

I currently have a Vodavi Starplus 1428 System

Thank you for everything and for reading this.
Posted By: RCA Re: Intertel Premier Phone System - 09/13/07 07:53 PM
You really should contact a local qualified tech to set this up for you.
Posted By: metelcom Re: Intertel Premier Phone System - 09/14/07 04:34 AM
Answers

1. YES

2. Default yes, get rid of codes No

3. Maybe what is the VM

4. click here

5. It depends on system
Posted By: TexasTechnician Re: Intertel Premier Phone System - 09/14/07 05:05 AM
Originally posted by intertel22:
.... 1. Is there any major I should know?
Nah, Seargents usually know more than Majors anyway.
:rofl:
Posted By: skip555 Re: Intertel Premier Phone System - 09/14/07 05:51 AM
heres a good place to start finding someone local to help you out
Posted By: MacGyver Re: Intertel Premier Phone System - 09/14/07 02:24 PM
The Premier is a good solid system. I cut my teeth on it as far as Inter-Tel goes. You can do all the programming with Hyperterminal, or Procomm Plus.

Defaulting the system is a good starting point, but you really do need to get yourself a programming manual. The good news is that it's a very basic system and the programming manual for the Premier is an easy read compared to one for say the Axxess.

As for something to watch for, watch your cabling. BTW, the phones require a 3 pair drop and while it sounds like a good idea, don't drop a 4 pair with the idea of being able to have a trunk jack at the desk as well. The AC ring voltage from the trunk ring will choke the station traffic in the shared cable.

What type of VM are you using? Call Express? If so what version.

Lastly, the good news is that Sundance, the sponsor of this board can probably set you up with whatever you need on the Premier at a very reasonable price. I seem to remember Tom mentioning a strong stock in a post not too long ago. Also, a couple of the Inter-Tel Moderators do remote programming, so you can probably hire them if necessary to help you along the way. I'm not sure if RCA is available for it, but I both DnrComm & Bullcube do remote programming and either one of them will know the system very well.

welcome
Posted By: intertel22 Re: Intertel Premier Phone System - 09/15/07 03:47 AM
Thank you all so much for your help. For 19.99 I purchased a manual and I was able to test all ports with the phones and everything works great. My only question that I now have which I didnt see in the book was. Where do I connect the two wires of the ring Generator? I wasnt sure where on the block it should be punched down too. I assume that this like other needs needs it for SLT extension such as VM. This is the last part to the puzzle I need. Hopefully someone has the answer. Thanks again for all your help.
Posted By: metelcom Re: Intertel Premier Phone System - 09/15/07 04:34 AM
the ring generator should have 4 wires that connect to the STN-B

+48 = v/br
-48 = br/v
110vac = v/s & s/v
Posted By: intertel22 Re: Intertel Premier Phone System - 09/15/07 10:50 AM
Would anyone happen to know how to default a Voice Mail IVX500? Thanks the ring generator is now working! YOU ROCK!!!
Posted By: intertel22 Re: Intertel Premier Phone System - 09/22/07 12:25 PM
What does it mean when you plug in an extension and the display doesnt light but when you push buttons the phone beaps and if you push a button that has a light on it it will beep and light up. Do I have a reversed wire?
Posted By: intertel22 Re: Intertel Premier Phone System - 09/22/07 12:25 PM
What does it mean when you plug in an extension and the display doesnt light but when you push buttons the phone beaps and if you push a button that has a light on it it will beep and light up. Do I have a reversed wire?
Posted By: RCA Re: Intertel Premier Phone System - 09/22/07 01:25 PM
That or maybe an open. With this system, sometimes it will save time if you start with the port. Make up a jack that you can punch directly on the port/block keeping in mind your correct reversal of the blue pair. If the phone doesnt work its either the phone or the port, or maybe the line cord. Once you have established the port and the phone are good, properly cross connect it to the jack and test there.
Posted By: intertel22 Re: Intertel Premier Phone System - 09/22/07 02:15 PM
What does that mean the correct reversal of the blue pair?
Posted By: MacGyver Re: Intertel Premier Phone System - 09/22/07 04:43 PM
Inter-Tel is always a little excentric on their cabling. With the Axxess it's needing a 2 pair cord for a one pair connection. :bang: They chose to us the orange pair to power the phone and leave out the blue pair. The only advantage to that is being able to use either a direct trunk or the station line at any jack in the house if you choose to wire it that way. Sorry, that was a side rant. Back to your issue.

On the Premier you have to purposely wire a pair backwards. What that means is that somewhere along the way, you have to flip that pair and connect the w/b to where the b/w goes and vice versa. Some prefer to do it at the jack, others at the station block. I often did it at the jacks so that the station blocks were consistent, but Merritt pointed out that he prefers to do it at the station block so he can test the phones right there using a mod-tap.

Here's a good thread for you that talks about it.

https://www.sundance-communications.com/forum/ultimatebb.php?/ubb/get_topic/f/4/t/000822.html#000012
Posted By: intertel22 Re: Intertel Premier Phone System - 09/25/07 09:26 AM
Is it possible to program and IVX500 IE changing the auto attendant greeting and call routing without the programming software? Also do I need the software or can I work with this unit Via Hyperterm?

Thanks
Posted By: Chris_Carlyle Re: Intertel Premier Phone System - 09/25/07 08:32 PM
You have to have the IVX500 software to program it. You also have to have the right modtap adapter to connect to it unless you plan to modem in. Major PITA...
Posted By: intertel22 Re: Intertel Premier Phone System - 10/03/07 04:45 PM
oK, I am so proud of me and thankful to everyone for helping me, this was nothing like the Vodavi I had. I have a question about the voice mail I was able to get it all connected and I went in and cleared mailboxes etc.

Here is my question, when you call into EAITHER its extension or when you dial the main CO number it acts as if its just answering in mailbox mode and not auto attendant mode. I hope that makes sense. In other words wether you call into a CO or call into one of its 4 ports it says "To Leave a message please enter the mailbox number, for the directory press *, or somthing like that, when I enter an extension number it sends right to VM. How can I get it to transfer the call to the exstenion and we didnt answer it would then put you into voicemail?

Make sense at all? LOL I confused myself. Thanks for all the help.

PS SHould I have started a new topic for this? Sorry I am new
Posted By: RCA Re: Intertel Premier Phone System - 10/03/07 07:30 PM
Im guessing that you properly setup a Voice Hunt Group in the phone system and have the correct extensions in there.

In the VM, did you program the correct system in- Miscellaneous Information/Telephone System Interface? Did you set up your CRA's in- Applications/Port Pragramming?
Posted By: intertel22 Re: Intertel Premier Phone System - 10/04/07 08:10 AM
The phone system I am able to program but the voice mail box itself I am not able to program. So I am working with the way it was programmed before comming to me. So I am not sure how it is set although I do know that Greeting 3 was the day greeting and greeting 4 was the night greeting.
Posted By: RCA Re: Intertel Premier Phone System - 10/04/07 12:21 PM
I assumed you defaulted everything and started from scratch.

It sounds maybe your just having trouble recording the day and night greeting, correct? Have you tried recording the greetings?
Posted By: intertel22 Re: Intertel Premier Phone System - 10/04/07 01:15 PM
I didnt default but maybe I should. I was nervous to because I do not have any software for the IVX500 so I didnt want to ruin it. I did record the greetings its almost like its answering the lines not as an auto attendant but answering the lines as a voice mail. It doesnt allow me to enter an extension it just allows me to enter a mailbox number when I call into it.
Posted By: RCA Re: Intertel Premier Phone System - 10/04/07 09:50 PM
Dont default it. 75% of the battle is getting these two units properly intergrated.

It doesnt allow me to enter an extension it just allows me to enter a mailbox number when I call into it.
Well without the programming software your pretty much stuck. I guess you dont even know what your Admin mailbox is?

On the phone system side, how are calls routed to the VM. Are the CO Lines programmed to ring the VM Hunt Group or do you have it ringing a station that is Call Forwarded to VM?
Posted By: intertel22 Re: Intertel Premier Phone System - 10/05/07 06:13 AM
Your Dog is Adorable. Whats his/her name? My Calls are set to ring into extension 4.1 = 118, 4.2 = 119 4.3 = 120 5.1 = 124

My admin mailbox is 200. Do I need to have the ring generator connected? It seems to work without it. I am had trouble connecting it because the colors on my block to not match what I should be connecting the ring generator too, am I allowed to post pictures on this forum?
Posted By: RCA Re: Intertel Premier Phone System - 10/05/07 09:10 PM
My Calls are set to ring into extension 4.1 = 118, 4.2 = 119 4.3 = 120 5.1 = 124
Are those stations or VM ports?

If you have your system setup so that the Auto Attendant answers the incoming calls, you would program your CO lines to ring the VM hunt group. If you have your system set to ring phones first then roll to the Auto Attendant, you would program the CO lines to ring a Hunt Group with the respective phones in it then to the VM Hunt Group. Maybe this is the problem?
Posted By: intertel22 Re: Intertel Premier Phone System - 10/10/07 03:36 PM
What would affect the message waiting lamp? This portion was working but now it is not.
Posted By: intertel22 Re: Intertel Premier Phone System - 10/13/07 11:12 AM
On My IVX500 Ver 3.0.1 I believe I get an alarm that reads Lamp:: No loop current present on port 1 and it does the same thing for port 2 and repeats. What did I do wrong?
Posted By: RCA Re: Intertel Premier Phone System - 10/13/07 07:47 PM
This is why your message waiting lamps are not working. This alarm means the port went off hook (probably to lite a msg wtng lamp) and detected no loop current, therefore could not light the lamp. Check the stations comming off the phone system that go the VM.
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help