atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: danwo cannot make outside local calls - winspm - 05/29/08 11:19 AM
swapped internet router and now not able to dial out. We receive calls and network to outside world works. Internet service provider sees the 9 to make outside call on there end. I was able to allow outside calls only by changing ARS to 1 other digits from nine on default local and default toll sub pattern A only. set aborb to 01 from 00.

But now we cannot make a call with first dialing an area code. What am I missing within Winspm when it was a simple router
Please post a little more for us to help you danwo.

What system are we trying to work on? G3 S87??, SI? Software version? I am guessing these are IP trunks??
I think you answered your own question. You aren't missing anything if all you did is swap out the router. ARE YOU SURE IT WAS A ROUTER? And not a channel bank?

WHY is the ISP talking to you about lines??? they are AN ISP??? How can the provider see the "9" you are dialing....that doesnt go out to their equipment......that gives the caller permission to access the pool of trunks.....

Can you receive calls? Are these pots lines? PRI?
Posted By: danwo Re: cannot make outside local calls - winspm - 05/29/08 01:31 PM
We went with this newer service which is a PRI

https://www.global-com.com/content.aspx?id=306

All we did was swap routers out and there was no NAT or DHCP settings in new router. Duplicated settings in old router.
Posted By: danwo Re: cannot make outside local calls - winspm - 05/29/08 01:35 PM
we receive calls and may make calls once I toyed with ARS settings. But now users cannot make calls to 911, 411 etc. after dialing access code 9.

All calls within our local area now require area code.

What within ARS is not set right.
Posted By: hbiss Re: cannot make outside local calls - winspm - 05/29/08 02:32 PM
AGAIN! What system are you talking about?

-Hal
Posted By: vad60 Re: cannot make outside local calls - winspm - 05/29/08 03:40 PM
Hal,
He is talking about Legend or Magix. He is using WinSPM and Subpatterns A and B.
Posted By: vad60 Re: cannot make outside local calls - winspm - 05/29/08 03:44 PM
Danwo,
Absorb is only for Incoming calls. If that PRI you have tell exectelly how your system is programmed otherwise nobody on this Forum, even it's a the best one, can help you. Or you have to pay fee for Remote programming.
Posted By: hbiss Re: cannot make outside local calls - winspm - 05/29/08 05:47 PM
Hal,
He is talking about Legend or Magix.

I assumed that also. He is the one asking for help and we should not have to read between the lines to get basic information. It's plain to me that the OP does not possess the necessary understanding of this system that we can point him in the right direction so that he can work the problem out on his own.

If this thread starts to go in the direction of in depth technical help I'm going to end it and tell the OP that he needs to contact a local Avaya Business Partner or possibly someone from this forum may want to work with him privately.

-Hal
Danwo, everyone in Chicago has to dial the area code to talk to their next day neighbor.....
It sounds like a "9" was originally put in the Other Digits field to prevent users from having to dial 99 for outside calls. Clearly, things are handled differently with this carrier.

My guess is that you want your Default Local Output Table to have 00 in the Absorb field, and 1630 in the Other Digits field. Note that the Absorb field in the ARS tables is NOT used for incoming calls (that task is handled by the Delete Digits parm in the Route by Dial Plan tables). Next add 011, 411, 611 and 911 as entries 1-4 in Table 1 as Exchanges. I think that should be it for the ARS tables. The next adjustments are performed on the PRI tables.

Change the Digits to Delete for entry #5 in the Special Service Table to 1, making sure that the Type of Number is still set to N (National). I also recommend that you change the Type of Number for 011 calls (entry #0 in the Special Service Table) from I to N. That last change is because carriers like to see 1011 for calls flagged as International or 011 for calls flagged as a National. Doing both (sending "1" with the International mark) will cause the call to fail.

Without seeing a printout of the PRI INFO and ARS ALL, these are my best guesses. You probably want to pull those reports prior to implementing these changes in case you need to undo them.
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help