It sounds like a "9" was originally put in the Other Digits field to prevent users from having to dial 99 for outside calls. Clearly, things are handled differently with this carrier.

My guess is that you want your Default Local Output Table to have 00 in the Absorb field, and 1630 in the Other Digits field. Note that the Absorb field in the ARS tables is NOT used for incoming calls (that task is handled by the Delete Digits parm in the Route by Dial Plan tables). Next add 011, 411, 611 and 911 as entries 1-4 in Table 1 as Exchanges. I think that should be it for the ARS tables. The next adjustments are performed on the PRI tables.

Change the Digits to Delete for entry #5 in the Special Service Table to 1, making sure that the Type of Number is still set to N (National). I also recommend that you change the Type of Number for 011 calls (entry #0 in the Special Service Table) from I to N. That last change is because carriers like to see 1011 for calls flagged as International or 011 for calls flagged as a National. Doing both (sending "1" with the International mark) will cause the call to fail.

Without seeing a printout of the PRI INFO and ARS ALL, these are my best guesses. You probably want to pull those reports prior to implementing these changes in case you need to undo them.

"Press play and record at the same time" -- Tim Alberstein