Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
danwo Offline OP
OP Offline
swapped internet router and now not able to dial out. We receive calls and network to outside world works. Internet service provider sees the 9 to make outside call on there end. I was able to allow outside calls only by changing ARS to 1 other digits from nine on default local and default toll sub pattern A only. set aborb to 01 from 00.

But now we cannot make a call with first dialing an area code. What am I missing within Winspm when it was a simple router

Avaya IP Office Help & Support Website
IP Office Help

Avaya IP Office Help & Support Website

FAQs, documentation, videos, updates, and support for the Avaya IP Office business phone system!
Everything you need to know about installing, upgrading, and troubleshooting IP 500v2 and IPO Server Edition systems.

Please post a little more for us to help you danwo.

What system are we trying to work on? G3 S87??, SI? Software version? I am guessing these are IP trunks??

Mike Jones
"A people that values its privileges above its principles soon loses both."
- Dwight D. Eisenhower (1890-1969), Inaugural Address, January 20, 1953
Moderator-Avaya
Moderator-Avaya
I think you answered your own question. You aren't missing anything if all you did is swap out the router. ARE YOU SURE IT WAS A ROUTER? And not a channel bank?

WHY is the ISP talking to you about lines??? they are AN ISP??? How can the provider see the "9" you are dialing....that doesnt go out to their equipment......that gives the caller permission to access the pool of trunks.....

Can you receive calls? Are these pots lines? PRI?

danwo Offline OP
OP Offline
We went with this newer service which is a PRI

https://www.global-com.com/content.aspx?id=306

All we did was swap routers out and there was no NAT or DHCP settings in new router. Duplicated settings in old router.

danwo Offline OP
OP Offline
we receive calls and may make calls once I toyed with ARS settings. But now users cannot make calls to 911, 411 etc. after dialing access code 9.

All calls within our local area now require area code.

What within ARS is not set right.

AGAIN! What system are you talking about?

-Hal

CALIFORNIA PROPOSITION 65 WARNING: Some comments made by me are known to the State of California to cause irreversible brain damage and serious mental disorders leading to confinement.
Hal,
He is talking about Legend or Magix. He is using WinSPM and Subpatterns A and B.

Danwo,
Absorb is only for Incoming calls. If that PRI you have tell exectelly how your system is programmed otherwise nobody on this Forum, even it's a the best one, can help you. Or you have to pay fee for Remote programming.

Hal,
He is talking about Legend or Magix.

I assumed that also. He is the one asking for help and we should not have to read between the lines to get basic information. It's plain to me that the OP does not possess the necessary understanding of this system that we can point him in the right direction so that he can work the problem out on his own.

If this thread starts to go in the direction of in depth technical help I'm going to end it and tell the OP that he needs to contact a local Avaya Business Partner or possibly someone from this forum may want to work with him privately.

-Hal

CALIFORNIA PROPOSITION 65 WARNING: Some comments made by me are known to the State of California to cause irreversible brain damage and serious mental disorders leading to confinement.
Moderator-Avaya
Moderator-Avaya
Danwo, everyone in Chicago has to dial the area code to talk to their next day neighbor.....

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,291
Posts638,815
Members49,767
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,402 Shoretel
189,155 CTX100 install
187,424 1a2 system
Newest Members
Robbks, A2A Networks, James D., Nadisale, andreww
49,767 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 26
teleco 6
dexman 5
jsaad 4
Who's Online Now
1 members (justbill), 146 guests, and 229 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024