atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: TommyICP AVAYA Patner II system message? - 11/10/08 12:17 PM
Hi All,
Am new to the forum.

I'm and end-user for an Avaya Partner II phone system, not sure if thats the phone system itself or the messaging portion of the system, nevertheless that is what i've learned we have.

I'm looking for advice on how to handle the following system message;

ReplaceSysBatw/PowerOn

I'm assuming that means to replace some system battery, like a CMOS battery of a computer? Nevertheless I don't want the programming to all the sudden get wiped out because of a power failure.

I don't have contract support for this phone system so I'm wondering if its a system battery that I can replace myself or if I have to bite the bullet and get a technician to replace it?

Thanks for any and all advice

Tom
Posted By: hbiss Re: AVAYA Patner II system message? - 11/10/08 01:09 PM
You don't have a Partner II you have a Partner ACS. That message has nothing to do with the messaging system, it means that the memory backup batteries for the ACS are low. Unlike the Partner II the batteries are simply a couple of AAA Duracells that are easily replaced. There is a battery cover on the bottom front of the ACS processor. WITH POWER ON replace the batteries. The message on extensions 10 and 11 will go away.

-Hal
Posted By: cvrbob Re: AVAYA Patner II system message? - 11/10/08 01:11 PM
you have an ACS, look at your phone system, in the bottom of the middle slot you should see small cover between the cable holder , needs 2 AAA 's
Posted By: hbiss Re: AVAYA Patner II system message? - 11/10/08 02:17 PM
There must be an echo in here.

-Hal
Posted By: cvrbob Re: AVAYA Patner II system message? - 11/10/08 03:20 PM
sorry to step on your parade, it seems your a faster at typing
Posted By: hbiss Re: AVAYA Patner II system message? - 11/10/08 07:26 PM
That happens! smile

-Hal
Posted By: practice Re: AVAYA Patner II system message? - 11/18/08 01:16 PM
Hi, I have a similar issue on similar equipment. I've replaced the batteries 2x but the system message persists (ReplaceSysBat). Avaya manual says to call their hotline if this happens but I'm out of service contract now about 5 years. Any thoughts/help appreciated.
Posted By: hbiss Re: AVAYA Patner II system message? - 11/18/08 01:35 PM
Make sure the polarity of your batteries is correct, it's marked on the holder. If that's not it take a look in there with a flashlight for any corrosion on the spring contacts. Check the holder too. If you see any try cleaning it off with a ink eraser like on the end of a pen.

Beyond that you are looking at replacing the ACS.

-Hal
Posted By: mongo5150 Re: AVAYA Patner II system message? - 11/19/08 04:41 AM
I have had some battery covers that you have to "play" with to get the error to clear.
© Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help