atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: Trainwire partner autoattendant - 03/09/09 07:13 AM
Hi all, quick question again of our partner ACS r7 with a partner mail r3 stuck on the side like a wart on a pickle.

It all works wonderfully except:

How in the heck do you get the autoattendant to pick up in case the receptionist doesn't? The AA ignores everything, even in nite mode. The system would ring out, then tell you it was going to record a message in the general mailbox. Changing the times the AA would ring didn't change anything, it still rings 6 times and then the nice lady would tell you about the general mailbox.

I am missing something, and even if you tell me where to look in the books I will be grateful.

I am learning this stuff on the fly, so please be patient.

Our local service company, that had a wizbang tech the last time, sent over a baby huey that I refused to pay for him to read the book for the first time.

Hi Hal, doin' ok?

Steve Spangler
Posted By: Spuds Re: partner autoattendant - 03/09/09 07:28 AM
For the Auto Attendant to handle overflow calls.

#206 to add the lines to be answered.
#507 VMS hunt schedule
#506 VMS hunt delay

Mike
Posted By: Trainwire Re: partner autoattendant - 03/09/09 07:49 AM
I'll let you know.
Thanks

Steve Spangler
Posted By: hbiss Re: partner autoattendant - 03/09/09 08:18 AM
Steve, with the R7 #506 and #507 are more flexible than what Mike says. You can have separate day and night schedules per line. 506 allows you to specify a number of rings from 0 to 6 on a per line basis for day and for night. 507, the schedule, is day/night/always per line.

-Hal
Posted By: Trainwire Re: partner autoattendant - 03/10/09 05:00 AM
Nope.

Still nothing, although I have some information that might be significant.

No matter what I do with day/night delay, it rings 6 times at ext 10. As it stands now, ext 10's mailbox picks up.

The AA has something to do with a mailbox. A high numbered mailbox doesn't it? I think baby huey screwed that up in his attempts to learn the system.

If I go to extension 13 and intercom an extension with a display phone, it comes up as "autoattendant" What the ???

Hunt group 7 also has no one assigned to it. Does that matter?

It's beginning to sound to me like it might be faster to figure out how to reset everything to "first install" and start over.

Thanks for your patience
Posted By: dtmf Re: partner autoattendant - 03/10/09 05:32 AM
Check #607, sounds like you have a station or staions assigned
also check #306,, let us know what you find, I think it's where your problem lies.

And yes there should be only the VM ports in hunt group 7, nothing else.
Posted By: bditech Re: partner autoattendant - 03/10/09 05:34 AM
if you want you can pay one of these fine techs in here to talk you through it on the phone.The ACS will let you program while on the phone.
Posted By: WireSysPlus Re: partner autoattendant - 03/10/09 06:37 AM
Yes, it matters if there is nothing assigned to hunt group 7.
You do know what extensions are connected to the Partner Mail, don't you?
Those extensions must be assigned to hunt group 7 in order for the system to send the vms codes.
Posted By: hbiss Re: partner autoattendant - 03/10/09 06:54 AM
PM sent.

-Hal
Posted By: Trainwire Re: partner autoattendant - 03/10/09 06:54 AM
I just rechecked, the proper ext are assigned to hunt group 7.

What I am beginning to suspect, is this scenario.
Our receptionist postion, 10, is our main call in position, shouldn't that have a mailbox class of service of 21? It doesn't at this point.
Posted By: hbiss Re: partner autoattendant - 03/10/09 07:14 AM
Steve, read my PM and get back to me off board. I'm not sure now what VM you have. I thought it was a PVM which is the PC card.

-Hal
Posted By: dtmf Re: partner autoattendant - 03/10/09 07:22 AM
Hal, he mentioned cos 21, it's gotta be a Partner Mail R3
Posted By: Trainwire Re: partner autoattendant - 03/10/09 07:52 AM
I did mention the PM R3 in the original post.
Hal message sent.

Steve Spangler
Posted By: hbiss Re: partner autoattendant - 03/10/09 08:15 AM
Yeah but "stuck on the side like a wart on a pickle" is what threw me. When he mentioned a COS I knew right away. No problem, I'll fix him up.

-Hal
Posted By: Trainwire Re: partner autoattendant - 03/10/09 09:12 AM
Sorry, I made the comment from the knowledge that the R3 is getting a little long in the tooth. I have to start eschewing obfuscation.

Steve Spangler
Posted By: Station Specialties Re: partner autoattendant - 03/10/09 12:07 PM
The system would ring out, then tell you it was going to record a message in the general mailbox. Changing the times the AA would ring didn't change anything, it still rings 6 times and then the nice lady would tell you about the general mailbox.

Yup-- see it all the time on the R3 with customers and I bet this happend after someone tried to change the main greeting and did not follow to the end of the script promts to save the ex to transfer to ex 10.

I bet they even recorded a second greeting in the general mailbox that everyone hears when they log into voice mail?

The R3 is a fifteen year old voice mail and funky for the customer to learn based on it's prompts.

I found it quite interesting only because I have a few of these old units still working on R6 and 7's.

AVAYA needs to bring back a new version of the stand alone R3 Partner mail. This would help make the system larger for those who never go IP.
Posted By: Trainwire Re: partner autoattendant - 03/11/09 04:07 AM
Yea, it's still working after all these years.

and yea it's real funky, especially in that the way we are set up, it doesn't get changed very often.

Hal was able to help me get all the right buttons pushed in the right order, so it's all more better now.

Thanks

Steve Spangler
Posted By: skip555 Re: partner autoattendant - 03/11/09 04:33 AM
AVAYA needs to bring back a new version of the stand alone R3 Partner mail. This would help make the system larger for those who never go IP.
how would it make it larger

the stand alone used station ports so wouldn't that make it smaller ?
Posted By: hbiss Re: partner autoattendant - 03/11/09 02:31 PM
It wouldn't take up a slot in the carrier that could be filled with a mod but it would need extensions. Assuming a 4 port VM and a 308, you would only gain 4 extensiona and 3 COs. I suppose at most with a 012 you could gain 8 extensions but no COs. That's about it.

-Hal
Posted By: Trainwire Re: partner autoattendant - 03/12/09 03:00 AM
I have ours hung off an 012.

Our business has shrunk a little too, so I have a few more ports than I did. frown

Our R3 is still working for now. Dunno whether to do some pm on it, cleaning the dirt out of it and the like, or just let well enough alone.

Steve Spangler
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help