atcomsystems.ca/forum
Had to go out to a customer's site. Was told they had a Partner system. I got there and that turned out not to be the case. Their phones were Merlin Biz phones and the system was an old legend.

The problem I was sent out to troubleshoot was a hum on the lines (I checked and there was no hum before they went into the system), and the Paging not working (again, it worked fine if I bypassed the system with a buttset).

So the question is this: would replacing the 408 cards solve this or is it the processor that is causing the problem (personally I recommend replacing the system, but I was asked to find this out).
Could be either one causing it, about the only thing you can do is start replacing and testing which as you and i know can take a while and cost them more then it's worth as everything you are replacing is still old as dirt.
Yeah, that's what I think too. From talking to my boss, we're not going to mess with trying to fix the legend.
My two cents....

The parts for the Legend are still plentiful and now very inexpensive, so I wouldn't rule out fixing it if the client isn't able to spring for a new system.

But of course, most folks here know my bias.

And, in a lighter note;

It hums 'cause it doesn't know the words.
Jeff, I've got most of those cards used, If you want them to trouble shoot with PM me and I'll get them in your hands.
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help