web statisticsweb stats

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
JordonJ Offline OP
OP Offline
Had to go out to a customer's site. Was told they had a Partner system. I got there and that turned out not to be the case. Their phones were Merlin Biz phones and the system was an old legend.

The problem I was sent out to troubleshoot was a hum on the lines (I checked and there was no hum before they went into the system), and the Paging not working (again, it worked fine if I bypassed the system with a buttset).

So the question is this: would replacing the 408 cards solve this or is it the processor that is causing the problem (personally I recommend replacing the system, but I was asked to find this out).

Avaya IP Office Help & Support Website
IP Office Help

Avaya IP Office Help & Support Website

FAQs, documentation, videos, updates, and support for the Avaya IP Office business phone system!
Everything you need to know about installing, upgrading, and troubleshooting IP 500v2 and IPO Server Edition systems.

RIP Admin
RIP Admin
Could be either one causing it, about the only thing you can do is start replacing and testing which as you and i know can take a while and cost them more then it's worth as everything you are replacing is still old as dirt.

Russ runs a local service and private tech center.

[Linked Image from sundance-communications.com][/url]
JordonJ Offline OP
OP Offline
Yeah, that's what I think too. From talking to my boss, we're not going to mess with trying to fix the legend.

RIP Moderator
RIP Moderator
My two cents....

The parts for the Legend are still plentiful and now very inexpensive, so I wouldn't rule out fixing it if the client isn't able to spring for a new system.

But of course, most folks here know my bias.

And, in a lighter note;

It hums 'cause it doesn't know the words.

RULE NUMBER 2, "THINKIN' WON'T GET IT, YOU GOTTA KNOW!" RULE NUMBER 3, if you need TIER-3 SUPPORT on a LEGEND or MAGIX, go to http://home.comcast.net/~merlinman -
Jeff, I've got most of those cards used, If you want them to trouble shoot with PM me and I'll get them in your hands.

Definition of an I.T. expert: A Person with the telephone number of the Person with the answer.

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,279
Posts638,739
Members49,764
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,291 Shoretel
188,177 CTX100 install
187,020 1a2 system
Newest Members
Nadisale, andreww, gohunt, Darrick, telecopippo
49,764 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 15
teleco 4
jc2it 4
dexman 4
Who's Online Now
1 members (Toner), 107 guests, and 94 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024