atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: High Mesa Communications merlin magix and PRI - 05/18/11 07:23 AM
I have a merlin magix with a 100dcd card running a PRI. Lately the system has been dropping calls. I checked with the LEC and the said "everything was fine" on their end. I checked the error log a found alot of slips. I changed out the 100DCD, worked fine for a half day. Now the same thing, lots of slips and dropped calls. Is there something in the processor that could cause the timing to be off or should I pursue the local LEC.
Posted By: dexman Re: merlin magix and PRI - 05/18/11 08:55 AM
If the Magix is using the T1 as the timing/sync source, I'd go back to the LEC and have them monitor the T1 for errors, hits and timing slips.

Intrusive testing after hours might be worth it too.
Posted By: High Mesa Communications Re: merlin magix and PRI - 05/18/11 09:34 AM
The tests that you can do from the console, will the results tell me anything? In the error it does say that the T1 has lost sync.
Posted By: dexman Re: merlin magix and PRI - 05/18/11 10:41 AM
The T1 is taking hits.

The LEC would need to enable PMs, monitor overnight, do an intrusive test, check cable pairs and related hardware.
Posted By: Spuds Re: merlin magix and PRI - 05/18/11 11:27 AM
What do the error codes say? The codes provide very good trouble shooting help.
Posted By: Z-man Re: merlin magix and PRI - 05/18/11 10:00 PM
Are you losing your D-channel? Check to make sure that the LEC didn't change any settings either. What is your switch type of the CO?
Posted By: High Mesa Communications Re: merlin magix and PRI - 06/06/11 04:11 PM
the B-tards said it was a phone system issue, I swapped cards, same problems. Now they admitted that have a problem at the x-box. We are putting in a claim for 8 hours of labor and a new t1 card.
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help