atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: fony1 Audix - 10/14/11 03:33 AM
Inherited a customer with an older Definity switch. G3-V9.0. They are interested in adding audix. Can this still be done? Also, do I need to verify if any features need to be activated? Never installed an Audix. Just did MAC's. Any and all info. would be greatly appreciated. There looking to have 100 +/- mboxes. An equipment list would also be most helpful.
Posted By: Wellco Re: Audix - 10/14/11 06:45 AM
Sure...An Audix can still be added to this switch with no problem, depending on what type of integration you end up with would be the determining factor on feature activation of switch i.e: mode code or you could go dciu or clan..You can pick up a Maap 5,40 or LX pretty reasonable these day's.

...bob...
Posted By: neh-telecom Re: Audix - 10/14/11 11:00 AM
Stay away from the Intuity Audix LX its a pain to deal with if you every need repairs. As for a Map5P with the 5.1.56 Software load, Great unit Easy to get repaired if ever needed. For Clan Integration, You will need a TN-799 Clan card in the switch and in your switch do (display system Maintenance) Page-two, your looking to see if (Packet inf2 = Y). For ModeCode, In your switch do (display sys cust option) about page 2 or 3 your looking for the line (mode code Interface) needs to be (Y). Call me if you have questions. Chris Howard 303-593-1763
Posted By: dagwoodsystems Re: Audix - 10/14/11 10:43 PM
Got two AUDIX units--one brand spanking new in the plastic and another with some field trial on a G3. Just say the word and either box is yours man. Let's make this thing happen.

Both Bob (Wellco) and William Howard can testify for me.
Posted By: Z-man Re: Audix - 10/15/11 09:50 AM
You might be better served buying that is pre-configured. I am sure Dagwood or Chris would help you out with that. The can be kind of a pain if you don't know what your doing, or as in my case, suffer from CRS when it comes to Audix.
Posted By: fony1 Re: Audix - 10/19/11 05:04 AM
Mode code for centralized v.mail in "customer options" is set to no. Is this going to be an issue?
Posted By: Wellco Re: Audix - 10/19/11 05:08 AM
Only if you choose to use an Audix with "mode code" integration...there are other way's to integrate. Should not be a problem. You still have DCIU and Clan available..did you check page 2 of Sys Maint to see if Packet inf2=y ? that is for Clan integration...

...bob...
Posted By: fony1 Re: Audix - 10/19/11 05:34 AM
Yes. Packet inf2=y.
Posted By: neh-telecom Re: Audix - 10/19/11 08:57 AM
Is the switch a Prologic hanging on the wall or is the switch setting on the floor. If its a Prologic, your only option would be ModeCode or Clan. if its an XE cabinet then you can use DCIU, Clan, or ModeCode Integration. The Mode code for centralized voicemail can be changed to Yes if you want to use ModeCode.
Posted By: neh-telecom Re: Audix - 10/20/11 10:16 AM
Fony1 Per your response about Packet inf2 = Y the best Integration would be Clan.
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help