atcomsystems.ca/forum
I have a Avaya G3R,I have a Microcall collecting phone call info, recently the Microcall stopped collecting, I've verified that the computer that the Microcall software is communcating with the modem, the Avaya just stopped sending the information, it is possible that someone made a change in the Avaya by mistake. Where in the Avaya programming should I check.Thanks
Posted By: Tom N Re: Avaya stopped sending CDR to Microcall CDR - 12/12/12 03:14 PM
I would call Microcall support. I used to have a location that did this all of the time before we went to the server based system. MC's support is 2nd to none. Always very helpful and can walk you through anything.
I'm pretty sure it's a Avaya problem, the Avaya has stopped calling and dumping the information, and my company doesn't have a maintanance agreement.
How do you have it setup in your G3...data mod, clan etc;?
If I remember correctly it's "disp sys cdr" or it's under "disp sys feat"
If it's a data mod...you may want to check the link and restart it...

...bob...
I'M using a Data Module and the sys CDR looks like it's set up correctly, this was working but unfortunatly it stopped collecting. When I do a "test cdr primary the test #512 fails, I know the link is down, the modem just sits there with a red light, which means it's waiting for a call. I don't know how to wake it up, reset doesn't work...thanks
Sounds like your data mod may be bad..you need to reset the connection i.e: the link and see if it comes back up.

...bob...
I've reset the Data Module, busy and released and deleted and re-installed it, when I status it it'a in-service Idle. When I status the CDR-Link it's down
Do you know how to "disable" and then "enable" the link...that's what you need to do...

PM sent....

...bob...
I don't think you can disable and enable the CDR link, what I did was cleared the information in the link then saved and put the information back in
Well, yes you can..So I would say it's time for you to call a "qualified" tech to come in an solve this problem for you. Link problems are somewhat common and not that big of a deal..Like I said call your vendor, or Avaya !!

...bob...
I had the same trouble a few weeks ago for the second time in 2 years, but instead of calling support I decided to try to do it myself.
Wasted time, as I don't have permissions to disable and enable the links either.
Called my support partner and it was back up in a jiffy.
I guess super user doesn't allow for enable and disable cdr link, not in my G3R
That's correct. Super isn't enough.
PM sent !!!!!

...bob...
The problem is on Microcall side.
Solution: Stop and Start two (2) Data Collection services:
1. Control Panel >> Administrative Tools >> Services
2. Double click to open Services
3.On the long list of services locate two which belong to Microcall, named: "Microcall - Avaya IP Data Collection" and "Microcall Data Collection"
4. Right click on both services, select Stop.
5. Right click on Microcall Data Collection; select Start (this should be done first)
6. Right click on Microcall - Avaya IP Data Collection; select Start (this should be done second)
7. Expecting miracle ;-) in Microcall's menu select View >> Test Microcall; it should reveal CDR data coming.

© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help