atcomsystems.ca/forum
Is there a way to change the extension numbers assigned to the jacks of a 206E Module? It is a Avaya Partner ACS 206E R4.1.

The system is numbered Ext 10 through 23. Ext. 23 being the last sequential number. The he next module has written in felt tip pen Extensions 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29.

In the programming the assignments are actually:

Ext. 24 is Ext. 36
Ext. 25 is Ext. 37
Ext. 26 is Ext. 38
Ext. 27 is Ext. 39
Ext. 28 is Ext. 40
Ext. 29 is Ext. 41

I cannot find any information in the Installation/Programming manual concerning this, though at some time someone made these changes.

Thanks
You have the modules improperly installed in the carrier. Nobody made any ext # changes because it can't be done.

-Hal
Extension numbers are fixed, determined by the type of module, the slot it is installed in, and what other modules are installed in previous slots. Put your modules in this order:

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
Then someone must have moved the modules around at a time when a failed piece of hardware was replaced, etc.

If only the telephone room could talk!

This was how it was installed before I received it. It's also the same way I put it back together as it was shipped with the modules individually wrapped.

[Linked Image from hammondorganservice.com]
When I looked at the chart which Mr. Touch Tone Tommy, it made much better sense. excited

I powered it off, changed the slots of modules #2 and #5 powered it back on and now all is right with the world.

To image it was that way for at least a decade I think.

A great deal of thanks for you help and patience. smiley-bounce
On Page 2-11 of the R3 Installation manual I see the chart now "Labeling Jacks"

I don't think that it would have dawned on me by look at the chart on this page, that Extensions would be laid out in one way only depending on the position of the modules.

If I had found the section, and read it several times, then I might have grasped the concept....egads cheers

Something learned and something gained.
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help