web statisticsweb stats Business Phone Systems Tech Talk Forum - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
DonaldR Offline OP
OP Offline
Is there a way to change the extension numbers assigned to the jacks of a 206E Module? It is a Avaya Partner ACS 206E R4.1.

The system is numbered Ext 10 through 23. Ext. 23 being the last sequential number. The he next module has written in felt tip pen Extensions 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29.

In the programming the assignments are actually:

Ext. 24 is Ext. 36
Ext. 25 is Ext. 37
Ext. 26 is Ext. 38
Ext. 27 is Ext. 39
Ext. 28 is Ext. 40
Ext. 29 is Ext. 41

I cannot find any information in the Installation/Programming manual concerning this, though at some time someone made these changes.

Thanks

"Most people don't have a sense of humor. They think they do, but they don't." --Jonathan Winters
Avaya IP Office Help & Support Website
IP Office Help

Avaya IP Office Help & Support Website

FAQs, documentation, videos, updates, and support for the Avaya IP Office business phone system!
Everything you need to know about installing, upgrading, and troubleshooting IP 500v2 and IPO Server Edition systems.

You have the modules improperly installed in the carrier. Nobody made any ext # changes because it can't be done.

-Hal

CALIFORNIA PROPOSITION 65 WARNING: Some comments made by me are known to the State of California to cause irreversible brain damage and serious mental disorders leading to confinement.
Moderator-Avaya-Lucent, Antique Tele
Moderator-Avaya-Lucent, Antique Tele
Extension numbers are fixed, determined by the type of module, the slot it is installed in, and what other modules are installed in previous slots. Put your modules in this order:

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Last edited by Touch Tone Tommy; 08/19/20 12:09 PM.
DonaldR Offline OP
OP Offline
Then someone must have moved the modules around at a time when a failed piece of hardware was replaced, etc.

If only the telephone room could talk!

This was how it was installed before I received it. It's also the same way I put it back together as it was shipped with the modules individually wrapped.

[Linked Image from hammondorganservice.com]

"Most people don't have a sense of humor. They think they do, but they don't." --Jonathan Winters
DonaldR Offline OP
OP Offline
When I looked at the chart which Mr. Touch Tone Tommy, it made much better sense. excited

I powered it off, changed the slots of modules #2 and #5 powered it back on and now all is right with the world.

To image it was that way for at least a decade I think.

A great deal of thanks for you help and patience. smiley-bounce

DonaldR Offline OP
OP Offline
On Page 2-11 of the R3 Installation manual I see the chart now "Labeling Jacks"

I don't think that it would have dawned on me by look at the chart on this page, that Extensions would be laid out in one way only depending on the position of the modules.

If I had found the section, and read it several times, then I might have grasped the concept....egads cheers

Something learned and something gained.

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,262
Posts638,696
Members49,757
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,098 Shoretel
187,707 CTX100 install
186,794 1a2 system
Newest Members
BPopilek, Rich F, LewisR, TDKs79, Buttinset
49,757 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
dexman 18
Toner 14
TDKs79 8
teleco 4
Who's Online Now
1 members (nonameyet), 102 guests, and 228 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024