atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: Cactus Communications MBX E-mail Notification - 05/18/11 03:19 PM
After many hours of Delegation fighting with the VMIB attributes inputing Multiple different SMTP server IP Addresses, Email adresses and user ID's, I can not get the email function to operate. I have VMIB port set at 587 on the MBX per Microsoft, SMTP ip address is numeric to bypass the character limitation. This email server is hosted it is not internal. Has anyone had issues with this email notify feature.
Posted By: Z-man Re: MBX E-mail Notification - 05/18/11 08:35 PM
I haven't gotten it to work either, but I was just trying on the test bench. I will let you know if I succeed at it.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: MBX E-mail Notification - 05/20/11 06:46 AM
Let me know too...
Posted By: JC Zehnder Re: MBX E-mail Notification - 05/24/11 10:23 AM
I just had a meeting with my Vertical rep and there is a known issue with email delivery on the MBX. If the email address is longer than 25 characters it will not send the message. This is supposed to be fixed with version 1.7 software due to be released at the end of June.
Posted By: Tom N Re: MBX E-mail Notification - 05/25/11 06:37 AM
I have had it working on my Test system. But have since defaulted it several times. I will see if I can get time to reprogram it up and let you know.
Posted By: Cactus Communications Re: MBX E-mail Notification - 05/31/11 02:17 PM
Tom : on your test system is your email server internal or is it hosted. I got the physical address for the customers remote email server and all other required fields and it still does not work. I know that 1.7 is coming and should fix the character limitation. Is anyone having the same issues on the SBX?
Posted By: Tom N Re: MBX E-mail Notification - 06/01/11 06:55 AM
We have our own e-mail sever here. When I had it working I do rember that I had to have the IP address of both my e-mail server and my router. However this is all running on our network. I have not tried pushing it out of the network.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: MBX E-mail Notification - 06/16/11 01:47 PM
I spent most of the day trying to get e-mail notification to work and I need help, my customer is holding up payment (13k) because of all the little glitches with the MBX. I was on the phone with Tech support... however it still doesn't work. I think I have the right info but I am not sure.According to tech support
SMTP Mail Server Address = IP address 168.152.1.3
SMTP User Mail [email protected]
SMTP Mail Server ID ... this i am not sure of
SMTP Mail Server Password.. email password?
SMTP Mail Sender Address [email protected]

If you can shed any light please do
Posted By: Derrick Re: MBX E-mail Notification - 06/16/11 02:44 PM
The documentation is no help.
Posted By: nfcphoneman Re: MBX E-mail Notification - 06/17/11 11:03 AM
Originally posted by George Ferguson:
SMTP Mail Server ID ... this i am not sure of
SMTP Mail Server Password.. email password?
I'm not MBX expert, but SMTP Mail Server ID would be the user-name required by the SMTP server for authentication. This is typically your email address. Might be [email protected] or just esimmons.

SMTP Mail Server Password is the password required by the SMTP server for authentication used in conjunction with the above user name.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: MBX E-mail Notification - 06/17/11 11:12 AM
I got it working with the help of a couple of IT guys, however it works internitenly. the fields are
SMTP Mail Server Address mail.skyjacker.com
User Mail Address [email protected]
SMTP Mail Server ID [email protected]
SMTP Mail Server Password ********
SMTP Mail Senders Address [email protected]

Tech support said they didn't know why it works intermitenly but I could load some software from sharkwire.com to be able to trouble shoot.... of course if it is a MBX issue there isn't much you can do.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: MBX E-mail Notification - 06/17/11 11:13 AM
sorry that site is wireshark.com
Posted By: Tom N Re: MBX E-mail Notification - 06/21/11 06:40 AM
George, Here is my set up on this..

VM MSG - SMTP Mail Server Address: 10.10.16.77

VM MSG - User Mail Address: [email protected]

VM MSG - SMTP Mail Server ID:

VM MSG - SMTP Mail Server Password

VM MSG - SMTP Mail Sender Address:192.168.60.153
(This is the IP address of my VMIB)

VM MSG - Attach Message: ON

This is set up for our email sever at work. It has worked everytime I have3 tested it. I am currently working on setting it up to pass thru our network to my Private email server. I will let you know how that works out.
Posted By: Tom N Re: MBX E-mail Notification - 06/21/11 06:52 AM
Follow up setting for my private email notification.

VM MSG - SMTP Mail Server Address: 10.10.16.77

VM MSG - User Mail Address: [email protected]

VM MSG - SMTP Mail Server ID: [email protected]

VM MSG - SMTP Mail Server Password: *******

VM MSG - SMTP Mail Sender Address:192.168.60.153
(This is the IP address of my VMIB)

VM MSG - Attach Message: ON
Posted By: Z-man Re: MBX E-mail Notification - 06/21/11 06:56 AM
That is interesting... So you actually have to enter the IP address of the email server and not the name. Have you tried using email server name to see if that works as well?
Posted By: Tom N Re: MBX E-mail Notification - 06/21/11 07:27 AM
Z-man,

Yes I did try it using the email server name. It works on the first setup that I posted. I did not work on the 2nd setup. Probably an Internal MBX issue if I were to guess.
Posted By: Z-man Re: MBX E-mail Notification - 06/21/11 09:14 AM
As long as you know the IP address of the mail server, this is probably not a big issue.
Posted By: NEWiTech Earl Re: MBX E-mail Notification - 02/15/12 01:21 PM
Thanks Tom, this works great.
Posted By: Tom N Re: MBX E-mail Notification - 02/16/12 07:43 AM
Happy to help Earl..
Posted By: RobertTBS Re: MBX E-mail Notification - 03/14/12 06:42 AM
I'm trying to get this to work with a customer that is using CBeyond to host their email. I'm using the external IP address of the email server, I created an email as the sender email. I can't seem to get it to work. Does anyone have any ideas?
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help