atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: intrajm Vertical Summit 80 Voip - 10/30/17 12:54 AM
I have a summit 80 that works perfect at the California location with 13 sip lines. I installed 5 Voip phones to the summit 80 in Arizona. The phones register in California on the Summit 80 and work as they should except for the following. You can use 2 of the lines in California with no issue. Calls come in and call out great. These two lines are located on the VOIU card. The 11 sip trunks located on the VOIB48 board have no talk path, when you make a call or receive a call you can answer it and see Caller ID but no talk path. Any suggestions?
Posted By: Derrick Re: Vertical Summit 80 Voip - 10/31/17 12:56 AM
I wish I could be more help with this, unfortunately I don't have a lot of experience with Sip and the Summit. I suspect that the Summit is using two or possibly three ip addresses to make both the cpu, the viou and the 48 port card function? I have worked with voip and sip with the SBX. Sometimes when there is no talkpath with the SBX, it is caused by a port or ports problem with an ip address, the voice protocol is being blocked by a router/firewall.
Posted By: intrajm Re: Vertical Summit 80 Voip - 10/31/17 07:44 PM
I kind of think that is what it is. Vertical tech support is not very responsive. But I'm waiting on the data pack readings from them. I'll post when it get's resolved. I may go out there and deactivate the firewall to see if that clears it up. If it works, then it is the firewall blocking something.
Posted By: Eric Young Re: Vertical Summit 80 Voip - 12/04/17 04:48 PM
Any luck solving this issue? Just curious. I noticed the port usage chart shows different call media ports depending on if the voip channel is on the voiu or vvmu so I assume the 48 port card is different ports as well but knowing vertical there is no documentation on it... bypassing the firewall should resolve it then.
Posted By: emeraldisle Re: Vertical Summit 80 Voip - 03/17/18 11:00 AM
the voiu & the voim would have different sequence numbers which you can see in pmg 101
you may have to put your public IP in pmg 132 for that sequence number you can put it in opt 3 & 4 in that program
that may give you speech.
Posted By: Jessi Zehnder Re: Vertical Summit 80 Voip - 03/30/18 11:29 PM
The VOIU (KSU IP) and VOIP48 card would have different IP addresses. If you do not have a VPN in place your issue would likely be port forwarding related. The VOIP48 card is the same as the VVMU as far as Port Forwarding goes.
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help