web statisticsweb stats Business Phone Systems Tech Talk Forum - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#613740 10/29/17 08:54 PM
intrajm Offline OP
OP Offline
I have a summit 80 that works perfect at the California location with 13 sip lines. I installed 5 Voip phones to the summit 80 in Arizona. The phones register in California on the Summit 80 and work as they should except for the following. You can use 2 of the lines in California with no issue. Calls come in and call out great. These two lines are located on the VOIU card. The 11 sip trunks located on the VOIB48 board have no talk path, when you make a call or receive a call you can answer it and see Caller ID but no talk path. Any suggestions?

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator
I wish I could be more help with this, unfortunately I don't have a lot of experience with Sip and the Summit. I suspect that the Summit is using two or possibly three ip addresses to make both the cpu, the viou and the 48 port card function? I have worked with voip and sip with the SBX. Sometimes when there is no talkpath with the SBX, it is caused by a port or ports problem with an ip address, the voice protocol is being blocked by a router/firewall.

Last edited by Derrick; 10/30/17 08:57 PM.

www.myrandomviews
"Old phone guys never die, they just get locked in some closet with an old phone system and forgotten about"

Retired, taking photographs and hoping to fly one of my many kites.
intrajm Offline OP
OP Offline
I kind of think that is what it is. Vertical tech support is not very responsive. But I'm waiting on the data pack readings from them. I'll post when it get's resolved. I may go out there and deactivate the firewall to see if that clears it up. If it works, then it is the firewall blocking something.

Any luck solving this issue? Just curious. I noticed the port usage chart shows different call media ports depending on if the voip channel is on the voiu or vvmu so I assume the 48 port card is different ports as well but knowing vertical there is no documentation on it... bypassing the firewall should resolve it then.

the voiu & the voim would have different sequence numbers which you can see in pmg 101
you may have to put your public IP in pmg 132 for that sequence number you can put it in opt 3 & 4 in that program
that may give you speech.

emeraldpaddy
The VOIU (KSU IP) and VOIP48 card would have different IP addresses. If you do not have a VPN in place your issue would likely be port forwarding related. The VOIP48 card is the same as the VVMU as far as Port Forwarding goes.

Moderated by  EV607797, MnDave, nfcphoneman 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,262
Posts638,693
Members49,757
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,098 Shoretel
187,703 CTX100 install
186,793 1a2 system
Newest Members
BPopilek, Rich F, LewisR, TDKs79, Buttinset
49,757 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
dexman 18
Toner 14
TDKs79 8
Who's Online Now
2 members (Curlycord, dexman), 71 guests, and 252 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024