atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: JordonJ SX-50 and centrex lines - 02/26/10 05:12 AM
This involves an sx-50 in a lodging situation...

I understand it is possible to program the system to automatically dial the second 9 (for example if a person dials 9 to grab an outside line, then dials xxx-xxxx, the system would send 9xxx-xxxx so that the call would go out).

The question is this, can I make it so the room phones append the 9 and the console and other office phones do not (so they can do the 4-digit transfer).

Mind, I am asking if it can do it...not how...yet
Posted By: reataylor Re: SX-50 and centrex lines - 02/26/10 06:03 AM
The second 9 can be added via ARS, and the attendant can be set to bypass ARS. As to the rest of the office phones, they would play under the same rules as the rooms. But that shouldn't get in the way of their transferring calls.
Posted By: Lightning horse Re: SX-50 and centrex lines - 02/26/10 06:37 AM
The quick answer is yes and the difference starts in tables 701-745. But, if the rooms have 4 digit numbers that don't start with '9', why can't you just do a standard transfer. Or are we assuming too much. Next comment is that trying to train room renters to dial 2 nines for a 1-5 day stay would be pretty much like trying to herd cats! :rolleyes:
Posted By: JordonJ Re: SX-50 and centrex lines - 02/26/10 08:06 AM
The our customer who has a Transtel TDS 600 we installed just took over another property with the SX-50 (different hotel name too). He wants Centrex lines, but doesn't want rooms to have to dial 2 9s.
Posted By: Steve Layton Re: SX-50 and centrex lines - 02/26/10 12:26 PM
You could just not have the system delete the 9 in Digit Mod Table 752.
Posted By: Lightning horse Re: SX-50 and centrex lines - 02/26/10 03:04 PM
That would work, but better would be delete, then re-insert with a pause. As well, any modifications to reroute dialed number, would be tricky. Whatever you do, make sure 911 calls go through! All three: 911, 9-911, and 9-9-911!
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help