atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: Tim T Mitel 200sx El/Ml - 03/09/12 10:31 AM
Customer stated as of yesterday, when ringing through the auto attendant and dialing 0 they receive a message "that extension is not valid". I verified this is true. I, at that point verified that while onsite, I can pick up a phone and dial 0 without going through the auto attendant and it does work.
Voicemail is an Express Messenger.
Any help would be appreciated.
Posted By: westerntelephone Re: Mitel 200sx El/Ml - 03/09/12 03:15 PM
I believe you have to program a mailbox for the operator's extension.
Posted By: johnp Re: Mitel 200sx El/Ml - 03/09/12 03:20 PM
I think someone entered vm programming and changed the extension. You can verify with the mem software or via the admin box.
Posted By: Tim T Re: Mitel 200sx El/Ml - 03/09/12 04:59 PM
Yes, the mailbox 0 was changed to 9404xxxxxxx, I deleted and input a 0, tested fine. The funny thing now, is I cannot change the passord to mailbox 9999? It denies me? NOW WHAT! If it aint one thing its another?
Posted By: jonmyk Re: Mitel 200sx El/Ml - 03/09/12 10:00 PM
Were the passwords default? Sounds like someone was highjacking VM for outbound calls. If you aren't doing external notification I would block the voicemail from accessing external lines.
Posted By: Tim T Re: Mitel 200sx El/Ml - 03/10/12 09:34 AM
Jon, thank you for the suggestion, I did have the VM ports denied, you never know when you will overlook something so small. My probem still is I am unable to change the Administrator password under mailbox 9999. I enter administrator mailbox, press 6 to change the password, then 1 to change it, and it says "Invalid selection".
It is default, and I must get it changed, any and all help will be appreciated.
Posted By: telephoneguy Re: Mitel 200sx El/Ml - 03/10/12 04:28 PM
Try logging into the "Tech" mailbox and changing the admin passcode from there.
Posted By: Tim T Re: Mitel 200sx El/Ml - 03/12/12 04:28 PM
I went to the site, listed out all mailboxes, I did not see a "Tech Mailbox". I am not a master of any systems, but am able to work on a bunch of them, so your help, as always, is greatly appreciated on assisting me on resteeing the password on mailbox 9999....
Posted By: Steve Layton Re: Mitel 200sx El/Ml - 03/13/12 08:54 AM
When you log into mailbox 9999 there is a Tech/Installer passcode and there is an Administrators passcode and it depends on which code you use as to what options you have access to.
Posted By: Tim T Re: Mitel 200sx El/Ml - 03/13/12 02:17 PM
I attempted the *9999 and the passcode that "Telephoneguy" PM'd me, and that passcode does not work. I battle life everyday, LOL.
Any other ideas?
Posted By: Tim T Re: Mitel 200sx El/Ml - 03/16/12 12:51 PM
Still looking for an answer guys.... :bang:
Posted By: johnp Re: Mitel 200sx El/Ml - 03/16/12 01:54 PM
If the default admin password has been changed and you can't get in, there aren't many options.

You could contact Mitel and see if they can get into it and reset the password. You could buy a hard drive with the express messenger software on it and swap the disc and reprogram. I'm not sure which file on the disc contains the password, but maybe someone knows and can get you the default file.
Posted By: Steve Layton Re: Mitel 200sx El/Ml - 03/16/12 04:34 PM
What version of software is the Express Messenger running. If it is an old version the passwords were different.
Posted By: fifty5footer Re: Mitel 200sx El/Ml - 03/19/12 04:31 AM
Silly questions:
1. Are you deinitely using 4 digit mailbox numbers? So, the admin box is definitely 9999?
There is a system option that sets length of passwords.
If it's NOT 4, you have to preface the default admin password with 0's, so you have the proper number of digits in your password length.
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help