atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: vb4program can't get in the system - 09/24/01 01:39 PM
Hi all,
I had just start a new job and part of this has to deal with the phone system. The person that was in this position had taken all the book for the Onyx system. I have bought most of the books that I require and I still can’t get into the system. I have all the password and he did leave a cable \connected to the system which is a straight thru db9 to db9 connected to the AUX Module DCE port.
I had tried to connect this to the laptop’s com 1 port and use hypertermal to get to the main screen and all I get a bunch of jibberish out of the connections. I have called many support numbers and not too many support this system. Any idea will help.
Thanks
Posted By: Test-ok Re: can't get in the system - 09/24/01 05:09 PM
>get a bunch of jibberish out of the connections<

That sounds like the baud rate isn't the same,
try a few different baud rate settings on your PC.
Posted By: Doug Re: can't get in the system - 10/19/01 09:32 PM
>get a bunch of jibberish out of the connections<

That sounds like the baud rate isn't the same,
try a few different baud rate settings on your PC.
[/QUOTE]
Posted By: Doug Re: can't get in the system - 10/19/01 09:40 PM
One of the best tech tools you can get is call a "smart cable".Once this is installed and you get led's to lite go to the operators phone and press icom,#,0, then select baud rate ,none 8 1 you should be good to go.also shift 1-4 will toggle history on or off. good luck
Posted By: oc257 Re: can't get in the system - 11/18/01 09:47 PM
this is a common problem with aux cards on
the onyx vs. However, it's a good indicator in your case that your getting anything at all. Ussually when the aux card is bad you get nothing at all. Try this, at ext 300 (operators set, if cos set to 30) lift handset press PGM# key dial 0 dial 4, hang up.This resets your com port to 9600 n 8 1.
If this doesn't work make sure you have a good ground first, then if so disconnect it
and try without. Also if you have an expanded system (more than 1 cabinet) power down disconnect mod cord from slave aux restore power and try again.

good luck
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help