atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: Michaelq Not talking MSC on BCM1000 - 08/29/07 04:03 PM
I have a BCM1000 that when I go into Services- Telephony services I get a message : Telephony progamming is not available. please try again later." I get the same message when I go into wizards. Is there a way to reset the MSC card and force the BCM to reconize it? We can only program the system through a phone. Thanks for any help. :banana:
Posted By: NTlayoff Re: Not talking MSC on BCM1000 - 08/29/07 08:39 PM
They say you should not program BCM's (excluding BCM-50) through the phone. It has a way of corrupting the system. Does your green LED's on the front show any errors? Like they are all flashing? Don't know of any way to do what you want through the phone. Sounds like a Power Cycle Reboot may be in order.
Posted By: jsaad Re: Not talking MSC on BCM1000 - 08/30/07 06:13 AM
I've had the same problem and a power cycle fixed it. I also checked out my motherboard to be sure I don't have the bad caps.

So I should stop programming with the phone? I do it all the time, much easier than with the laptop. I have a BCM 4.0, does that still apply?
Posted By: NTlayoff Re: Not talking MSC on BCM1000 - 08/30/07 06:58 AM
Jsaad: That is only what I have heard from a number of different sources. But I have never seen anything official from Nortel.....Except for the BCM-50, it is the only manual that says "to program from a phone...." The other BCM's do not say that in the manual (or at least I have not found it yet). For the 4.0 version, I have not had the chance to get my hands on a CD for that version, so I can't say about that one.

Back to Michaelq: I forgot to mention what Jsaad said, Have you checked your BCM tray for bad caps? I know the 200 & 400 had cap problems but I don't know if that applied to the 1000 ???? I think the 1000 was MD'd before the cap problem. Maybe someone can confirm that. But I would still try the power cycle reboot.
Posted By: jsaad Re: Not talking MSC on BCM1000 - 08/30/07 02:18 PM
I checked my CD, yes you can program from a phone with 4.0.

Here is a link to the bulletin on the motherboard issue. no mention of BCM1000 systems.

My recollection is that if the system is shut off incorrectly, then I got that telephony programming unavailable message. And, strangely, a reboot cleared it.
Posted By: Michaelq Re: Not talking MSC on BCM1000 - 08/30/07 09:09 PM
All light on the BCM are except led 2 and 5 are are off. I tried a reboot and system shut down. all leds came on. But no telephony programming on the unified manager. I
Posted By: Michaelq Re: Not talking MSC on BCM1000 - 08/30/07 09:09 PM
All light on the BCM are except led 2 and 5 are are off. I tried a reboot and system shut down. all leds came on. But no telephony programming on the unified manager. I
Posted By: Michaelq Re: Not talking MSC on BCM1000 - 08/30/07 09:14 PM
All light on the BCM are green steady except led 2 and 5 are are off. I tried a reboot and system shut down. all leds came on. But no telephony programming on the unified manager. What caps should I look at? On the mother board or the MSC card? I backed up the system to the hard drive. I may try to reinitialize the core to try to get the MSC to talk to the unified manager. I will then do a restore. Will this work? Thanks for any help.
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help