atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: jwink CICS port question - 07/20/09 08:28 PM
I have a question about a CICS. On the analog port of one of my customers there is a phone with an answering machine they use for rollover traffic. The phone will dial internal xt but will not break dialtone for an outside line. I took my butt set and going off hook I hear the ksu clicking giving me an outside line but I can not dial out. Is the port bad? There is a line restriction to dial 9 first. Dialing 9 or not you can't access an outside line. btw- it did work fine but now doesn't. I doubt the customer knows anything about the programming so they couldn't have messed that up. Just wondered how to confirm a bad port before I order an ATA and slap it on a station.
Posted By: MooreTel Re: CICS port question - 07/20/09 09:03 PM
Check your "Line Pool Codes" and the setting for that ext.
Posted By: telemarv Re: CICS port question - 07/21/09 04:55 AM
TRy disabling and re-enable the port in maintenance. Reboot will sometimes clear the problem.
Posted By: vad60 Re: CICS port question - 07/21/09 05:42 AM
CICS has a known problem for internal ATA but you saying you couldn't get an outside line by dialing 9. Maybe you have a bad line in pool? Do you have a dial tone after you dial 9?
Posted By: jwink Re: CICS port question - 07/21/09 09:19 AM
OK. Thanks for all the input. I have rebooted, disabled and re-enabled still nothing. After hitting 9 there is still dial tone present. Going today to put on the ata if I have time to get there. Thanks.
Posted By: telemarv Re: CICS port question - 07/21/09 06:04 PM
Is it possible the ATA is programmed as an external hotline... very common when used with a FAX.
Posted By: jwink Re: CICS port question - 07/21/09 06:44 PM
Well, it was the port. I placed an ATA on a different station and had to problems for my customer after that. Thanks for all your input. Jim
Posted By: vad60 Re: CICS port question - 07/22/09 04:30 AM
Thanks for feedback.
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help