atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: Paul L Nortel MICS and a wireless headset - 06/01/11 07:21 AM
A client has an MICS system....they have 2 receptionists...both have Plantronics wireless headsets....one is working just fine....the other has problems....mic cuts out...doesn't seem to hold a charge and a clipping noise in her ear....have exchanged headsets between the two women....the problem stays with the same receptionist....have replaced parts and the problem remains....can it possibly be the phone?...this one has me stumped...any help for me?
Posted By: skip555 Re: Nortel MICS and a wireless headset - 06/01/11 07:40 AM
have you tried swapping the phones ?
Posted By: Paul L Re: Nortel MICS and a wireless headset - 06/01/11 08:10 AM
Hmmmm.....know what....I haven't but I'll ask the client if they have.
Posted By: Paul L Re: Nortel MICS and a wireless headset - 06/01/11 08:36 AM
The phone has been swapped and the problem remained...it has to be something so obvious I can't find it.....it always is.....Help?
Posted By: skip555 Re: Nortel MICS and a wireless headset - 06/01/11 08:47 AM
if you have swapped both complete units (phone and headset ) my next step would be to take the offending unit (phone and headset) back to the MDF and try it there
Posted By: Paul L Re: Nortel MICS and a wireless headset - 06/01/11 02:47 PM
Thanks Skip....the one thing we didn't try was plugging the charger/receiver into a different AC outlet. The client did it this afternoon and now I am waiting to see what if anything happens....curious....What would taking the units back to the MDF do?
Posted By: MooreTel Re: Nortel MICS and a wireless headset - 06/01/11 04:32 PM
Takes the jack & wiring out of the equation...which I don't think is the problem.

Try taking the receptionist out of the equation. That means give the headset to someone else to try.

Some people just don't like headsets of any type and will come up with any excuse not to use them...
Posted By: Alvaphonepro Re: Nortel MICS and a wireless headset - 06/01/11 04:59 PM
Is the base near a CRT computer monitor, florescent light etc?? Are the headsets on different frequencies? Have the headsets always returned to their respective bases for charging??
Posted By: MooreTel Re: Nortel MICS and a wireless headset - 06/01/11 05:56 PM
As for the charging issue, it's almost always user error....not setting it into the charger completely.
Posted By: skip555 Re: Nortel MICS and a wireless headset - 06/01/11 07:07 PM
taking it back to the MDF does more than taking the "wiring and jack" out of the equation, it also physically moves it which takes RF out of the mix also

I believe in starting at the beginning
Posted By: Paul L Re: Nortel MICS and a wireless headset - 06/06/11 05:42 AM
Thanks guys...There are 2 receptionists set up in exactly the same way.....same wireless headset....everything....one has absolutely no problem and one is having the problem....Lisa....the one with the problem loves...wants and needs her headset....she takes extra care to try and make sure she does everything right in charging it and charging it only when it needs it.....I know what your saying about some people don't like headsets but in this case she would be lost without it...she has the headset plugged into a power strip along with just her computer and monitor....on Friday I replaced the power supply and moved the new one away from some lighting in her area....the other woman's headset is also plugged into a power strip but she has a printer and fax machine plugged into it as well yet she has no a single problem....I would think of the 2 she would but doesn't......go figure...I'll let you know if changing and moving the power supply works....Thanks Again guys
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help