atcomsystems.ca/forum
Really weird. Customer can call into CP from a land line and has no problem picking up calls. On site tonight I thought the T-mobile problem might be short tones but on pressing the first * the CP responded by saying the call was being disconnected so it acknowledged hearing a single * and then wanted to hang up.

When I called in a second time (again on speakerphone) and pressed a * it said that was not a valid option.

None of this happens with a land line only with T-Mobile and of course T-mobile throws up their hands.

Any ideas? For sure I see a * being dialed and I hear a tone and then the CP goes nuts.

Thanks, Bunnie
Posted By: NTlayoff Re: CP100 works on land line not T-Mobile - 10/06/11 01:58 PM
What version is the CP ? Some older versions had DTMF problems. And of course Cell phones have their own problems with DTMF.
Have you tried dialing an extension with the cell phone. Try dialing (Example:) 234 (make sure it is a valid ext # and do not use an ext number with the same digit twice, like 224)
If you get ext 223 instead then you know that the CP is hearing a broken DTMF from the cell phones and the 234 probably sounds like 223344.
Of if you get a totally different ext, the tones are not being translated correctly.
Posted By: Z-man Re: CP100 works on land line not T-Mobile - 10/06/11 06:21 PM
T-mobile was notorious for having DTMF issues, but it has gotten better. How old is the mobile phone?
When she calls in, she gets her extension. Upgrading her phone would be a good idea and she could probably try that from the store before buying. I don't know I could get her to pay for upgrading the CP, she is the only one with the problem.

Thanks for the suggestions, I'm going to suggest she go into T-Mobil and call the voice mail from a few different phones and see if any of them work.
I think that you are dealing with a T-Mobil carrier issue. Cell phones send packets of info. Sometimes info/data is lost in translation. As long as their service supports a voice conversation they are"out".
Does her phone generate constant DTMF or a burst tone. Have her call you and push a button. The DTMF tone generated may not be long enough for the CP to understand.
Posted By: MooreTel Re: CP100 works on land line not T-Mobile - 10/11/11 05:02 AM
Originally posted by Old blond hippity hopping Bunnie:
...she is the only one with the problem.
If you mean she is the only one with that problem when calling with a cell, then, yes, it is HER problem.

In that case she has two options: deal with it or live with it.
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help