atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: Mickamg MICS 6.1 Off Premise transfer to a CICS - 11/02/18 01:11 PM
I have a customer with the complaint that calls coming into the MICS and then transferred (off-premise) to the lead number of a CICS down the street experience static and otherwise poor quality. This is a new issue, so I visited each site to check it out. All the POTS lines sound good when placing regular calls from each site. The call transfer will typically grab line 7 to make the second call to the remote CICS, so I checked that line quite thoroughly, but found nothing suspect. Here is my question: Where does the bridging of the two calls take place? Am I looking at an issue with the line cards, or is this on the backplane of the MICS?
MICS site
Since they have two line cards I would have swapped them.
Also you can try taking line 7 out of the pool if still an issue.

If you narrow it down to a line then swap jumpers with another line. ie swap line 7 with 4.

You should be using Global Clid cards.
Posted By: dans Re: MICS 6.1 Off Premise transfer to a CICS - 11/02/18 02:19 PM
This is off topic but.
Does their telco have the option of transfer disconnect on the lines? If they do I would recommend it.
Posted By: Mickamg Re: MICS 6.1 Off Premise transfer to a CICS - 11/05/18 02:57 PM
So you would recommend swapping the cards even though placing calls out directly on those lines (line 7 in particular) work fine and do not exhibit the static issues?

Dan, by transfer disconnect are you referring to something similar to the FLASH, dial the second number, and release to the second party (i.e. using the telco switch to host the transfer)?
Posted By: dans Re: MICS 6.1 Off Premise transfer to a CICS - 11/05/18 04:32 PM
Mickamg,

Yes, Nortel uses the feature link as the flash.
We had several customer in the past use it, it worked great.
Originally Posted by Mickamg
So you would recommend swapping the cards even though placing calls out directly on those lines (line 7 in particular) work fine and do not exhibit the static issues?

Sorry I do not know how to answer this so I will just bow out, but good luck!
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help