atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: bennuss TA824 doorbell issue and phones - 02/08/17 04:54 AM
I recently did some network wiring in a closet and i added a extra extensions card to the ta824 that was mounted on the wall. but didnt do anything else since it isnt my field. (That has a ta824 in it. i cleaned up the wires somewhat . I must have touched something because now the doorbells dont ring the phones. When you press the button by the door it sounds like a dial tone which i am being told it always sounded like that. Any ideas to fix? (I called an installer and he said sounds like the unit is no good and needs to be changed.)

2) the phones all work but when you press an extension button all the extension lights turn red.
thanks any help would be appreciated.
Posted By: TA in KC Re: TA824 doorbell issue and phones - 02/08/17 07:48 PM
If trouble started after addition of the expansion card, I'd start by checking the connection between the card and the cabinet's motherboard. Make sure the doorphones are still connected to the doorphone card and not one of the other ports.

Was the expansion card you added new/known-good or a used part?
Posted By: bennuss Re: TA824 doorbell issue and phones - 02/09/17 01:15 AM
the expansion card is brand new and works. Its the door phone card that isnt giving me a response. does any programming have to be done or does it just work and ring the phones. Thanks. Any other testing i need to do before i go buy a new doorphone card

also any ideas why all the extension lights on the phone light up red when i press to make a call?
Posted By: bennuss Re: TA824 doorbell issue and phones - 02/09/17 02:04 AM
also i do get a tone when i press the doorbell button. sounds like a dialtone
Posted By: TA in KC Re: TA824 doorbell issue and phones - 02/09/17 01:42 PM
Use program fields 700-702 to enable the doorphone.

As for the lights, all I can think of is you have a BLF for the same extension programmed on all of the buttons, or there is a problem somewhere in your wiring/control unit.

Dialtone or ringback tone?
Posted By: bennuss Re: TA824 doorbell issue and phones - 02/09/17 02:27 PM
whats the difference between dialtone or ringback tone
Posted By: TA in KC Re: TA824 doorbell issue and phones - 02/09/17 03:37 PM
Dialtone: continuous tone heard when you pick up the handset
Ringback: intermittent tone heard after dialing phone number while you are waiting for other party to answer
Posted By: bennuss Re: TA824 doorbell issue and phones - 02/09/17 05:20 PM
then when i press the doorbell i hear a dial tone. i have been told that that is how it always sounded even when it worked
Posted By: TA in KC Re: TA824 doorbell issue and phones - 02/09/17 08:54 PM
I assumed you were using the standard Panasonic KX-T30865 doorphone -- but it now sounds more like you have an aftermarket unit that is connected to the CO line ahead of the system rather than to a doorphone card.

As I don't have much experience with that kind of setup, at this point I'll have to defer to anyone else that cares to chime in. Providing the make/model of the door box may help.
Posted By: bennuss Re: TA824 doorbell issue and phones - 02/09/17 09:30 PM
it is the panasonic door phone model kxt30865 and when i press the button i hear that dialtone coming out of the unit at the door where someone waiting at the door would speak into not inside the house. And it is connected to the doorphone card. it is very standard.
Posted By: hbiss Re: TA824 doorbell issue and phones - 02/10/17 12:29 AM
Originally Posted by TA in KC
Use program fields 700-702 to enable the doorphone.

Did you actually check this or do you want to just keep asking questions?

-Hal
Posted By: bennuss Re: TA824 doorbell issue and phones - 02/10/17 12:51 AM
i will do that . i have to figure that out. Just asking as many questions as i can before diving back in . I am an IT/Network guy. I am working my way through the manual. Thanks I will check before reposting.
Posted By: bennuss Re: TA824 doorbell issue and phones - 02/10/17 08:31 PM
Well i cant get into programming mode.I have the software, i connected tried the defualt password. doesnt work.
I tried resetting to default. I put the unit in clear mode turned it on , and waited till i had a steady flash then held the reset button for 3 seconds. still says wrong password. i also tried first putting it back to normal mode (found this online ) and then holding the reset button. Any ideas how to reset?
Posted By: TA in KC Re: TA824 doorbell issue and phones - 02/10/17 09:32 PM
Check page 84 of the installation manual for the correct reset procedure.

It would also be a good idea to back up the configuration before you default the system, in case you have trouble duplicating the old settings. Instructions to do so can be found in section 5.7 of the programming manual. This assumes you are able to recover the password - the original documentation/dealer who installed the system would be a good place to start.
Posted By: bennuss Re: TA824 doorbell issue and phones - 02/10/17 09:56 PM
I cant find a way to back up the system without the password to get into it.
Dealer who installed also installed an alarm and cameras and seriously defrauded me. So that isn't an option.
On page 84 it says to press reset before it stops flashing. Is that the fast flash or the slow flash that happens after a few seconds
Posted By: skip555 Re: TA824 doorbell issue and phones - 02/11/17 01:38 AM
a Panasonic Dealer can reset the password for you and help you out with the Doorbox issues

if your not happy with the installing dealer , look for another

Password resets and system resets aren't allowed in the open forums here

Please do not post passwords or any other privileged information in the public forums. As a rule of thumb, if the information is not in the users or administrators guide, do not post it in the forum. If you wish to relate such information in regard to a post, you should do this by sending a private message or an email to the poster.

https://sundance-communications.com...ules_&_How_to_use_the_Tec#Post534613

© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help