web statisticsweb stats Business Phone Systems Tech Talk Forum - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
bennuss Offline OP
OP Offline
I recently did some network wiring in a closet and i added a extra extensions card to the ta824 that was mounted on the wall. but didnt do anything else since it isnt my field. (That has a ta824 in it. i cleaned up the wires somewhat . I must have touched something because now the doorbells dont ring the phones. When you press the button by the door it sounds like a dial tone which i am being told it always sounded like that. Any ideas to fix? (I called an installer and he said sounds like the unit is no good and needs to be changed.)

2) the phones all work but when you press an extension button all the extension lights turn red.
thanks any help would be appreciated.

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

If trouble started after addition of the expansion card, I'd start by checking the connection between the card and the cabinet's motherboard. Make sure the doorphones are still connected to the doorphone card and not one of the other ports.

Was the expansion card you added new/known-good or a used part?

bennuss Offline OP
OP Offline
the expansion card is brand new and works. Its the door phone card that isnt giving me a response. does any programming have to be done or does it just work and ring the phones. Thanks. Any other testing i need to do before i go buy a new doorphone card

also any ideas why all the extension lights on the phone light up red when i press to make a call?

Last edited by bennuss; 02/08/17 09:16 PM.
bennuss Offline OP
OP Offline
also i do get a tone when i press the doorbell button. sounds like a dialtone

Use program fields 700-702 to enable the doorphone.

As for the lights, all I can think of is you have a BLF for the same extension programmed on all of the buttons, or there is a problem somewhere in your wiring/control unit.

Dialtone or ringback tone?

bennuss Offline OP
OP Offline
whats the difference between dialtone or ringback tone

Dialtone: continuous tone heard when you pick up the handset
Ringback: intermittent tone heard after dialing phone number while you are waiting for other party to answer

bennuss Offline OP
OP Offline
then when i press the doorbell i hear a dial tone. i have been told that that is how it always sounded even when it worked

I assumed you were using the standard Panasonic KX-T30865 doorphone -- but it now sounds more like you have an aftermarket unit that is connected to the CO line ahead of the system rather than to a doorphone card.

As I don't have much experience with that kind of setup, at this point I'll have to defer to anyone else that cares to chime in. Providing the make/model of the door box may help.

bennuss Offline OP
OP Offline
it is the panasonic door phone model kxt30865 and when i press the button i hear that dialtone coming out of the unit at the door where someone waiting at the door would speak into not inside the house. And it is connected to the doorphone card. it is very standard.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Carl Navarro, OBT 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,262
Posts638,696
Members49,757
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,098 Shoretel
187,707 CTX100 install
186,794 1a2 system
Newest Members
BPopilek, Rich F, LewisR, TDKs79, Buttinset
49,757 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
dexman 18
Toner 14
TDKs79 8
teleco 4
Who's Online Now
2 members (Toner, justbill), 125 guests, and 233 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024