In my mind it is a wise decision to offer a small business owner in this economy a real world opportunity to save money without impacting performance
First, let's get the definitions understood.

"Impacting performance" The jury is still out on this one. If a customer has funky problems, and the cables are shared, how do we absolutely know what's the cause?

"Impacting performance" Down the road, as needs increase and require more copper, the customer's "performance" will suffer if he can't just plug-n-play on a carefully thought out infrastructure. It doesn't matter to me if the operation is a paper bag manufacturer or a doctor's office, or a police department...which one in your opinion is "mission critical" by your definition?

Ask any customer if his operations are not "critical" and I'll bet he gives you a strange look.

"Saving Money" It takes perhaps 5% more labor effort to run two CAT5E cables a distance of 100 feet in new construction. No reason to talk about it here in public, but we all know what 100 feet of CAT5E costs.

When I recommend a second, third, or even fourth wire to a location in a big house or an office, I discount the costs of the additional wires. The customers expect it, just from a common sense viewpoint, and I'd be less than ethical to suggest that the price increase per wire, run to the same location, is based upon multiplying the cost of the first wire.

"Saving money" What I do is sell insurance. I don't sell future drywall and spackling work. Pay me now, or pay me later, and pay a lot more if later, by the way.

"Saving money" I make customers happy when they can save money by unplugging a printer from one jack, and plugging it into the spare right next to it, all in about three minutes. Compare the cost to rewire on an emergency basis vs the cost to call me and ask what to do, while I'm on vacation or otherwise tied up.

Arthur P. Bloom
"30 years of faithful service...15 years on hold"