One my 600's here, I've only had one hard drive failure, and that wasn't so much the hard drive as a bad load of software was moved to slot 1 and slot 2 was deleted. That took out both the primary and secondary. We spent the next 8 hours rebuilding the system programming by hand, 260 extensions worth.

My Comm Server problems have been more about cards randomly going off-line and the "invalid message count" issue, which keeps VM messages from being left.

I'm testing 4 digit dialing across the esi-link with the flexible numbering, and so far, it's been a so-so experience. It's clunky to setup, but it's been working, as long as the IT people quit messing with the network.

I also think now that ESI is moving into bigger sites, they need to open up to 3rd party developers more. Especially in the form or call recording or call capture. Either the capture has to be before the system on the circuits with only caller ID and time to track the call or at the station on the way to the handset. Granted, something like TAPIT from Trisys can capture SMDR output after the call and they also have recording software that can match-up those calls, but it does not interface directly with the phone system for true accuracy. Also with a direct interface, they may be able to increase the feature set of VIP for a "true" unified messaging experience.

Just my $.02 worth on that.

I am looking forward to a PRI on the smaller CS50 S-Class replacement system and I did find out that it will be able to handle 12 remote channels total, Esi-link and IP phones combined.

Oderint dum metuant