Hey all,
Had a customer lose his FIOS. I roll out to his property and find his aerial drop lying on the ground. Tree branch fell and snapped it at the strain relief.

Oh well, grap a coffee, relax and prepare for Verizon customer service hell! Shockingly I get a truck roll scheduled for the next day, they tell me sometime between 8am and 9pm...ugh!

The FIOS installs I have seen to this point have always involved a tech using a pre-connected drop cable between the terminal and the ONT. So my assumption is the drop will have to be replaced.

The next day the tech shows up at 4pm and to my suprise informs me he can splice the drop together.

I have to give Verizon credit on this one, their fiber tech really had his stuff together. He used a very cool portable fusion splicer and a small pole mounted splice case. He did the whole job from his bucket and was in and out in just over an hour.

I just wish the customer service end of Verizon could work as well as the field side.
Repair time = 1.2 hrs
Time on phone with customer service = 3 hrs
" The aerial drop is lying on the ground! do u still want me to turn my router on and off!.....god help me "

Alec

-Alec