Originally Posted by Silversam
I never heard back.

Pretty much par for the course with Verizon, no?

That's actually a pretty funny story.

Hal, that's part of my problem. I know I can't just lay the reel on the floor and pull the wire off the side, it'll be a huge knotted mess. I don't have a good way to spin it off, though, either. I need to just get a hook thing or something. There's a Graybar about a mile from my house. I like the idea of something removable because the room is so narrow, a permanent hook sticking out would be a real hazard.

I'll take and post some pictures in a little bit of my setup, the good, the bad, and the ugly. My data wiring is a disaster right now because my 48 port POE switch died and I had already sold my other good switch, so there's like three switches hanging there just to keep everything working.

Jeff, Cool setup. You have more phone systems than I do, at least up and running. Right now I've only got the Partner ACS and the 1A2 going. In storage I have another ACS rev. 6, a partner plus, and two merlin 410's. I went on a mission looking for a working merlin breadbox and the first one I bought had a few dead ports and a horrid hiss on the rest. Paul hooked me up with a spare one he had and I was happy as a clam. But.... Ever the tinkerer I am, I took the first 410 apart and replaced a couple thermistors and the dead ports came back to life. Then I recapped the power supply and the hiss is all gone. So now I have two sitting in my workshop.

What's with the mushrooms halfway down?