web statisticsweb stats

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by thall - Samsung Rep:
All of your requests will be mentioned in my report next week in Dallas.

The park orbit idea is a nice one and it was a great tool while I was at Comdial. Currently the way I sell around that is by emphasizing that I can put a call on hold at any given extension and when it recall it will recall to that extension thus giving you both an audible ring as well as an Amber call indicator.

</font>

This would only be for 1 call at a time but a receptionist handing tons of calls and several people on hold it would not work.

It also requires paging " John please dial 12 343" which is kind of a pain. Most offices are use to using the park orbit as the primary method on placing a call on hold and picking up a call on hold. The park orbit buttons is really something Samsung should do. I think Samsung is the only company that does not currently do this?

Please let us if Samsung is planing on added a Park orbit button.

Thanks.

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
OK I need some clarification please. What exactly do you want to happen versus Samsung's Park & Page (Manual or Automatic)and Remote Hold features.

When I was at Comdial and I needed to Park a call I simply pushed a park orbit key 0-9 and then annouced "John Park #". How is that different from what Samsung offers with the Call Park and Page Feature? If I want to manually select a page orbit while on the call I use my soft keys or programmed Park key and then enter Park Orbit 0-9. Once I have done that I disconnect and then Page "John Park #. If I want to shorten the step up, while on the conversation I press Page and announce "John call on Line 7003." Of course the downside to that is the call is on hold at the receptionist extension.

So again I need clarification - You ask for Park Orbits the iDCS 500,iDCS 100 and DS616 all have them what else do you want?

------------------
Buy-SamsungPhoneSystems.com

OP Offline
I apologize, it does let you assign the 9 different park orbit to 9 different keys.

[This message has been edited by Calven007 (edited January 11, 2005).]

OP Offline
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by thall - Samsung Rep:

So again I need clarification - You ask for Park Orbits the iDCS 500,iDCS 100 and DS616 all have them what else do you want?

</font>

Hello.

I would like to offer my apologizes for the Orbit comment. I am able to assigned 10 dedicated keys for each of the 10 Orbits.

I think most people are on the impression that you can only assign a "PARK" key to allow someone to hit " Transfer Park then manually enter an orbit number or hit "*" to have the system select one.

I do not think most people understand that you can program a " PARK 1, Park 2, Park 3, Park 4, Park 5, etc... that will represent the status of the individual orbits.

I posted a thread on this exact topics in the past and no one seem to think this could be done.

https://www.sundance-communications.com/forum/Forum23/HTML/000063.html

I guess my only complaint is that this feature might be explained a little better in the programing manual but once again, I do own you an apology for saying the system did not do this.

Thanks.

P.S. Getting Direct pickup feature to ring on the phone and allowing the 2-way off hook voice announcement would still be nice feature.

[This message has been edited by Calven007 (edited January 11, 2005).]

pvj Offline
Moderator-Executone-Isoetec, Samsung
Moderator-Executone-Isoetec, Samsung
Just to let you in on what is a rumour at this point but apparently caller id to the sli ports is coming soon to the iDCS500.

[This message has been edited by pvj (edited February 09, 2005).]

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  nameless, pvj 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,299
Posts638,872
Members49,770
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,732 Shoretel
189,786 CTX100 install
187,935 1a2 system
Newest Members
Dave Simmons, Soulece, Robbks, A2A Networks, James D.
49,769 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 25
teleco 9
dans 6
dexman 4
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 151 guests, and 309 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024