Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
topher Offline OP
OP Offline
I have an issue with this request:

I have always used 66 blocks for voice, but the customer wants all of the connections everywhere to be modular [rj-11] w/ 1-pair ea. (taking the amph. to a 25-pair mod. split.)

Is this something just to stay away from? Should i just say we only use 66 blocks and walk away or should I do it and make him sign a contract stating this is how he wanted it done and thats the way i did it?

Any comments welcome. Thanks.

Kristopher
Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

Hard to turn away work. I would tend to do the contract and take the work. You may wish to let him know you do not really agree but are will to do as he/she wishes as they are the boss. [Linked Image from sundance-communications.com]

Steph

Do the job right the first time.
He wants it on modular so he can do his own MAC's. I guess he doesn't own a punch down tool. I would just do it and get paid.

[Linked Image from phototiki.com]
One of the common "alternate" installation methods I used even years ago with Lucent (upon customer request, of course) was breaking out the system and station cables onto 110-JP panels. It looks neat and clean, and provides the modular approach your customer wants. If you PREFER 66-blocks, how about the "Easy Patch 66" adapters??? It will allow you to do it your way, and allow the customer to have it their way.

JM

_ _ ___________________ _ _
http://www.bnsystems.com
topher Offline OP
OP Offline
Thanks for all of the replies.

Wow! Great idea John, I like the idea of the easy patch w/ the mods and the punchdown area... the customer is offering good pay if its done to his specs so I was thinking about doing it but wanted some advice.

I will have him sign a contract so I dont get screwed in any way.

Thanks again.

Kristopher
No problem, my friend. AND...you can supply him with "extras"...just in case.

If you really want to blow his mind, get some of the wider Panduit finger duct and place it between and beneath the 66-blocks to create some "homemade" wire management. This will "hide" your satin cord cross-connects...and it looks very nice when the install is maintained properly.

Good Luck!

jm

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by John-BNSystems:
One of the common "alternate" installation methods I used even years ago with Lucent (upon customer request, of course) was breaking out the system and station cables onto 110-JP panels. It looks neat and clean, and provides the modular approach your customer wants. If you PREFER 66-blocks, how about the "Easy Patch 66" adapters??? It will allow you to do it your way, and allow the customer to have it their way.

JM
</font>

John,

Do you have a good source for those easy patch? I had a local guy make them for me but he retired and now I'm having a hard time finding them.

PM me.

JJ Offline
I do this on alot of installs. Use one patch panel for the phone system side and one for the location/station side. I do tell customer that patch panel should have all 4 pair so they can use for voice or data, but if they want it for voice only each port has two pair. That way thet can install different types of phone systems without rewirring station patch panel.

Good Luck!!

[This message has been edited by JJ (edited September 01, 2005).]

If all else fails, use a BFH.

Moderated by  MooreTel 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,291
Posts638,815
Members49,767
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,388 Shoretel
189,101 CTX100 install
187,417 1a2 system
Newest Members
Robbks, A2A Networks, James D., Nadisale, andreww
49,767 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 26
teleco 7
dexman 5
jsaad 4
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 128 guests, and 382 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024