Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#88301 01/20/08 04:25 PM
OP Offline
Just installed new ACs 7.0. After 24 hours in service i saw power fluctuations sever enough that I lost programming. This is the first time I have seen this. Ordered a new processor and set it up in the lab and it did the same thing. Has anyone else sen this?

Avaya IP Office Help & Support Website
IP Office Help

Avaya IP Office Help & Support Website

FAQs, documentation, videos, updates, and support for the Avaya IP Office business phone system!
Everything you need to know about installing, upgrading, and troubleshooting IP 500v2 and IPO Server Edition systems.

You can lose translations on an R7 if you don't have a patch. If you press F59 on a display set, what does it say?

a patch shouldn't be in question as he says its new. I hope no one sold him an old revision.

Gray market is a crapshoot as to what you get. You get what you pay for.

-Hal

CALIFORNIA PROPOSITION 65 WARNING: Some comments made by me are known to the State of California to cause irreversible brain damage and serious mental disorders leading to confinement.
How is it that you were able to "see" power fluctuations?

I'm just trying to understand if this is an assumption on your part or if there is empirical evidence leading you to believe that your power source or the PACS hardware itself somehow played a role.

"Press play and record at the same time" -- Tim Alberstein
RIP Admin
RIP Admin
Ther are many "NEW" that are not flashed up, and also there are many "NEW" that are gray market, do yourself a favor and F59 it and see what it says, then let us know.

Russ runs a local service and private tech center.

[Linked Image from sundance-communications.com][/url]
OP Offline
Sorry to be this late responding. I was able to see the power flucuation in the green power light othe ACS and also the fluctuation of the display on the 18D phones. It was just a flicker at odd times. No set pattern. The same power supply was also being used to power a door control system and they saw no power interuptions. This occured after the system had been owered uo for at least 24 hours. I tried a system reset to defaults and that seemed to work for about 12 hours. I ordered a replacement 7.0 and that did the same after 24 hours. Another thing that happened was that even though the programming appeared to remain, it did not perform as it should have. I had to remove programming and reprogram to get it to work. This was a 91K series processor. Any help would be appreciated as I am replacing this unit with yet another one that has been "bench-tested". I'll let all know.

Today, I just installed a new ACS R7 and had the exact same thing. My supplier said that they had many proglems with the K series. A F59 showed it to be a 91K. I happened to have another new in box R7 and I sent a guy back to the office to get it and it had a problem. The second one went green for a few seconds and then red. Several reboots never got it off of red. Finally replaced it with a used R6 308 and have not had a problem since. Even went out and bought a 1300va UPS because I believed it was power related. Major problem with these MEXICO made units?

sph Offline
Originally posted by fuzzyone45:
...The same power supply was also being used to power a door control system and they saw no power interuptions.
Which power supply are you refering to?

1. The ACS's power supply as it affects the operation of a door adjunct

2. A UPS/Conditioner that is outputing power to both the system and the door control

3. The specific power circuit in the facility that provides power to both the system and the door.

At first glance (and assuming that both systems were OK to begin with), it seems to me that you may have an undervoltage situation that goes beyond the tolerances of the Partner, "frying" the translation without replacement, which causes the system to default to the factory translation.
If my thinking is correct, and since it looks like the brownouts are happening at more or less regular intervals, I'd check to see what else kicks in to draw juice from the circuit.

Perry

OP Offline
I bench tested a replacement in our lab. Nothing else plugged in. It did the same thing after 24 hours on power.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,299
Posts638,872
Members49,770
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,730 Shoretel
189,774 CTX100 install
187,934 1a2 system
Newest Members
Dave Simmons, Soulece, Robbks, A2A Networks, James D.
49,769 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 25
teleco 9
dans 6
dexman 4
Who's Online Now
1 members (Silversam), 125 guests, and 312 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024