Hi everybody,

found this great community a very handy resource. I need some help with my setup with Mitel SX-200 ICP. We received is as a trade for some networking equipment. Our old PBX was a piece of old Iwatsu, so we decided to go for Mitel. I am experienced in networking myself, so the connecting part was not a problem. Right now I got the ICP controller + Superconsole 1000 + 18 IP sets (16 of 5220 and two of 5224). The controller is connected to 6 external analog lines combined into the trunk by telephone provider. The trunk lines are configured as 01 type of AMB/COMBO CLASS with all default options (maybe this is the wrong choice).

I’ve done the basic programming: created the trunk group, assigned the devices, etc. All the calls are being picked up by Attendant at SC1000 with the ext 200 (changed from default 198) configured as a Console. The other internal extensions are 221-239. I also created the account code entries for International calling with changing COR from default 01 to 04. ARS also contains different routing for COR 1 and 4.

Everything is working fine except the international calls. After dialing the account code I get the tone, then 9 – 1 – xxx xxx xxxx and then I hear _one_ ring and it goes to nowhere. Silence. How can I fix this?

I have already tried to assign COR 4 to the desktop device. In this case it is able to dial internationally without the code but with the same effect. . . frustrated.

Also, I want to setup a couple of IP sets as the Subattendants to make them ringing together with SC1000. Ok, I changed their type from 5220 to 5220S. Still not clear what to do next. It does not allow me to use ext 200 as MULTI-CALL under the “Expand Set”. Error: Access code 200 does not correspond to a Stn, SUPERSET or Logical Line. I see people’s remarks here and there that it possible to add IP sets as Subattendants to the Console, but there is still no straightforward guide. Please, advise.

It is kind of emergent issue: I’ve been struggling with this for a week without any progress. The local Mitel dealer is hard to work with. I had waited for them for 2 months to come and to upgrade the firmware. BTW, it’s 5.0.2.3

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

When a fail is so epic, it becomes a win.