I have Mitel SX 200-D with 1005 Generic software which is turning on but nothing is happening with the system, Major Alarm, Minor Alarm all stay on steady, two 8's show up on the Main Control Card. Before the floppy drives use to start buzzing and the system use to boot up in few minutes, but last week when we tried to install a UPC Battery Back up we shut down the phone system and after installing the UPC Battery Back up tried to turn the phone system on but it did not turn on fully. We disconnected the UPC battery back up and tried turning on the system with out it and again the system did not start up fully. So I called the local phone guy/Mitel-tech and after him trying the same thing that we did he thinks the main control card is shot and he could replace it for $1200, but cant be sure if that is the problem, he said it could also be the Floppy Drive or the 3.5inch disks them self may be bad.
He suggested that may be I should think about upgrading the system with SX-200 ICP and I can use most of my current cards such as the LS/GS(Trunk Cards) & ONS(line Cards) and the new system would be around $10-$15K. I was under the impression the most expensive part of the system were these card, So I am not sure why so much for just new software and new cabinate? I have been looking on-line and see few Refurb. SX-200 EL systems for around $3-$5k using my current cards, So which system should I be looking for? I have a 135 room economy motel and have 13 back of house extensions. I do not need Voicemail or IP-phones. I just need basic local & long distance calling, Wake up Call, Toll control and PMS option would be nice but not really need it. So any suggestions or comments on which way to go or should I just try and fix the problem and keep on using the SX 200-D?