web statisticsweb stats

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
OP Offline
I have Mitel SX 200-D with 1005 Generic software which is turning on but nothing is happening with the system, Major Alarm, Minor Alarm all stay on steady, two 8's show up on the Main Control Card. Before the floppy drives use to start buzzing and the system use to boot up in few minutes, but last week when we tried to install a UPC Battery Back up we shut down the phone system and after installing the UPC Battery Back up tried to turn the phone system on but it did not turn on fully. We disconnected the UPC battery back up and tried turning on the system with out it and again the system did not start up fully. So I called the local phone guy/Mitel-tech and after him trying the same thing that we did he thinks the main control card is shot and he could replace it for $1200, but cant be sure if that is the problem, he said it could also be the Floppy Drive or the 3.5inch disks them self may be bad.
He suggested that may be I should think about upgrading the system with SX-200 ICP and I can use most of my current cards such as the LS/GS(Trunk Cards) & ONS(line Cards) and the new system would be around $10-$15K. I was under the impression the most expensive part of the system were these card, So I am not sure why so much for just new software and new cabinate? I have been looking on-line and see few Refurb. SX-200 EL systems for around $3-$5k using my current cards, So which system should I be looking for? I have a 135 room economy motel and have 13 back of house extensions. I do not need Voicemail or IP-phones. I just need basic local & long distance calling, Wake up Call, Toll control and PMS option would be nice but not really need it. So any suggestions or comments on which way to go or should I just try and fix the problem and keep on using the SX 200-D?

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

Admin
Admin
Wow. This is a tough call. Did you want to take Mitel Systems 303 class or just run your motel? So you get the parts "online". Now what?
Are you going to call the same Mitel dealer you just screwed to have him install it?

I'd take the less than $2K solution, replace the cards and maybe the FDD and software or try the least invasive reuse of the cards into an ML/EL box with the dealer. The new $10-15K is consistent with a new cabinet, a PhoneSuite would be even just a tad more than that for 160 extensions.

WIth hte secondary Mitel market in disarray right now, you're pretty much out of reliable choices and there's only one supplier I'd really trust and he's on this board. Let your dealer work it out and make a reasonable profit to get you back up and running. Last time I checked, you don't give away rooms for free.

Carl

RIP Admin-Founder
RIP Admin-Founder
I wouldn't say he just screwed his dealer...that dealer seems to be guessing and didn't fix the problem or what the problem even is. I'd get a second opinion.

RIP Moderator-Mitel, Panasonic
RIP Moderator-Mitel, Panasonic
Without parts in hand, it's almost impossible to troubleshoot a "D" that won't boot. Probably not the MCC, but..... I'd have a spare set of GOOD drives and a set of floppies to test with. In all probability, if one or both of the drives are bad, the existing floppies are trashed. If it's determined that floppies OR drive(s) are bad replace BOTH drives AND the software. That should take care of common control until the MCC or one of it's daughter boards goes south.

When I was young, I was Liberal. As I aged and wised up, I became Conservative. Now that I'm old, I have settled on Curmudgeon.
Carl;
What about the refurbed Mitel market is in disarray? We're right here, supporting the entire Mitel line, just like we've been for 30 years!!!!
As far as the topic of this thread goes, I'd say every configuration is different! Requiring one or two additional ports could mean the difference between re-using being cheaper or more expensive, with a new Mitel system. The best option would be to have a qualified supplier get you a quote for both configurations, and see which one makes more sense!

www.ResaleSystems.com 24 x 7 Mitel Parts and Free Tech Support
Admin
Admin
Fred,

You're the only other Mitel supplier I trust, hence the "there's only one supplier I'd really trust and he's on this board" quote.

I don't think it's fair to cut the heart out of the dealer who has been servicing the account and I'm really not prepared to drive to Rockford and turn right. If the customer gets the parts on the internet and has no dealer, what has he saved? I"m guessing there aren't a whole lot of 200-D techs in Madison.

Carl

I completely agree Carl! I could buy a new file server for my office VERY inexpensively on Ebay, but I'd have no clue what to do with it once the mailman dropped it off. I'll pay extra to my IT guy to deliver one, install it, and help me when I call!!! The old saying that "no one complains about paying for good service" certainly applies to me!!!

www.ResaleSystems.com 24 x 7 Mitel Parts and Free Tech Support
I believe the 88 display is a booting problem.
An E8 would indicate that the decryption module got unseated.
I would check that, and as LH says, have some floppy drives and software on hand.

Located in Southern California.
Mitel, Avaya, Nortel and Hitachi Products and services for Hospitality and Business sectors. Tel: 1-800-329-7971
Admin
Admin
Just in passing, what was the last FD based software 14? I hope I'd never have to know the diff between 1005 and LW 19, but ya never know. IIRC one of them wasn't fond of business applications in Supersets, or maybe it was some other nonsense. We had a pair of 200-D's back to back in a factory where they built offices and a warehouse away from the main site because they needed more space but didn't want to move the machines (clunk, love the noise of the stamping plant). Eventually the telco made them an offer they coudln't refuse for a digital Nortel centrex off the DMS.

Carl

Carl,
1005 and LW 15 were essentially the same software.
The last version of the 1005 was F62.

Does that answer your question?

Located in Southern California.
Mitel, Avaya, Nortel and Hitachi Products and services for Hospitality and Business sectors. Tel: 1-800-329-7971
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,284
Posts638,771
Members49,765
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,457 Shoretel
188,314 CTX100 install
187,088 1a2 system
Newest Members
Nadisale, andreww, gohunt, Darrick, telecopippo
49,764 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 23
teleco 5
jc2it 4
dans 3
dexman 2
Who's Online Now
3 members (Toner, jkmartin, KRRath), 142 guests, and 295 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024