OK, I have been doing Comdial and Nortel for about a 6 years now and have most of Comdials certs and dealer status with them. The company I am currently with I am in charge of building the telephony side of it so I decided it would be best to get dealer status one some other systems.

However, it seems that the major systems out there expect a great deal of hassle just to get information and they mandate a huge upfront cost. Now we are small company and can't spend 10k with a company where we dont even know the system.

Prime example was Tadiran! We have a client with the ice system and reading here it seems they make a decent product. I submittted a request to become a dealer and the first thing they demand is that we buy 7-10 grand of stock up front!!! Sales rep said they can't even get us info on the systems until we do that! What a joke!!! If any other type of product wanted us to resell THIER product and make THEM money they would at least get me as much info as possible up front.

Now dont get me wrong, i dont mind paying for certs, training eqip, etc...but that much is insane!

Does anyone else feel the way I do? Or am I just wrong in my thinking?

-Rage