I have a couple of basic CICS / Startalk Flash questions, sorry for my ignorance but I'm new to the Nortel key systems having spent most of my time with Avaya Legend / Definity / Intuity / Cisco Avvid platforms.

1 - I have a CICS 4.0 and am trying to add a startalk flash v1.70 and am not having any luck, I connected the flash to the CICS on a station port but I am not sure where to go from there, I checked over the CICS installer manual but didn't find any steps for installing the flash, and the flash manual didn't show any either. Do I need to change the station under "terminals & sets" or should the system auto-config. I tried dialing the extension I connected it to and get an error when dialing it. When I try a feature 983 I get an error as well.

2) What is the value, besides having the latest version, in upgrading from CICS 4.0 to 6.1?

3) Can the CICS be configured / administered using a laptop and serial cable, and is special software required or will hyperterminal work? Better yet, can the CICS be administered via dialin with a modem?

Thanks in advance for any help you can provide.

Darryl