Hello. I am an end user, electronic and computer tech by trade. I have installed and configured 2 CICS systems for basic operation. I have all installer and system coord. guides and have read through them 3 times over the last 2 days trying to figure this out. I have searched and read through this forum looking for similar problems.

System is CICS v6.1 analog trunk carts, CallPilot 100 v2.0. I am trying to set up Off-Premise VM notification. Outcalling channels set to 1, CoS has outbound xfer & notification enabled, Pool 1 assigned to mbox, and schedule is set for notification and turned on. Remote number is a 7 digit cel phone. I have also tried with 10 digits with same results. I also tried "9" in front of the remote number because I have the ATA set to use 9 as the pool access code.

When a new message arrives, I see the line status on a M7310 go on then off. I can hear the relay click on the CICS. I connected a lineman's set to monitor the line. I hear the line picked up, dial tone, then hangup. No digit tones. I wondered if the CallPilot is trying to detect dialtone. Since it is provided by a Xel "Shark" channel bank (lines are thru T1) and maybe the Shark's dialtone is off a bit. So I connected a POTS line but it acts the same. Line is picked up then hung up 5 times (limit in CoS). Then the error message "The system was unable to reach the number you specified for message notification" is put in the mailbox.

I hope I just missed a setting somewhere and it's not a hardware failure. I have cycled power to the CallPilot 2 times. Outgoing calls from all sets and the ATA work fine. Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Jim