web statisticsweb stats Business Phone Systems Tech Talk Forum - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
OP Offline
Hello. I am an end user, electronic and computer tech by trade. I have installed and configured 2 CICS systems for basic operation. I have all installer and system coord. guides and have read through them 3 times over the last 2 days trying to figure this out. I have searched and read through this forum looking for similar problems.

System is CICS v6.1 analog trunk carts, CallPilot 100 v2.0. I am trying to set up Off-Premise VM notification. Outcalling channels set to 1, CoS has outbound xfer & notification enabled, Pool 1 assigned to mbox, and schedule is set for notification and turned on. Remote number is a 7 digit cel phone. I have also tried with 10 digits with same results. I also tried "9" in front of the remote number because I have the ATA set to use 9 as the pool access code.

When a new message arrives, I see the line status on a M7310 go on then off. I can hear the relay click on the CICS. I connected a lineman's set to monitor the line. I hear the line picked up, dial tone, then hangup. No digit tones. I wondered if the CallPilot is trying to detect dialtone. Since it is provided by a Xel "Shark" channel bank (lines are thru T1) and maybe the Shark's dialtone is off a bit. So I connected a POTS line but it acts the same. Line is picked up then hung up 5 times (limit in CoS). Then the error message "The system was unable to reach the number you specified for message notification" is put in the mailbox.

I hope I just missed a setting somewhere and it's not a hardware failure. I have cycled power to the CallPilot 2 times. Outgoing calls from all sets and the ATA work fine. Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Jim

Nortel Phone System Service
VoIP Demo

Nortel Phone System Service in Canada

Do you need a Nortel Phone System technician or specific Nortel parts?
Atcom to the rescue! Our telephone techs have qualified experience servicing and troubleshooting Nortel CICS, MICS, & BCM telephone systems.
Service in Canada from sea to sea.

Mack sure the call pilot DN's has access to the line pool group. Also check out set restrictiona are not in place for the call pilot DN's.

OP Offline
Originally posted by Michaelq:
Also check out set restrictiona are not in place for the call pilot DN's.
That was it!! Thank you very much. I looked thru restictions yesterday, but must have missed it. :scratch:

Moderated by  MooreTel 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,262
Posts638,697
Members49,757
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,109 Shoretel
187,715 CTX100 install
186,806 1a2 system
Newest Members
BPopilek, Rich F, LewisR, TDKs79, Buttinset
49,757 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
dexman 18
Toner 11
TDKs79 7
pvj 4
jc2it 4
Who's Online Now
1 members (Curlycord), 142 guests, and 414 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024