Newbie, no professional looking to purchase and install a KX-TAW848 in a new home we are building. I have 3 CO lines, will start with 3 ML phones (KX-T7735 or 36 lighted?), 5 SL phones (3 TiVo's, 1 regular cordless, 1 fax). Buying this for future upgradablity, work from home.

I prewired with tons of CAT 5 for voice. Now is time to terminate wire and order system and install.

Questions:

1) Demarc box will be inside and I will ask for 3 seperate surface mount rj-11 jacks to connect the 3 CO's to the system. Might use a surge protector in between. Any advice there?

2) I have about 25 seperate locations throughout the house with phone jacks avaible all home runned to central location in basement (where all the service enters house). What components should I use to properly terminate and connect the KSU to the wire to the individual phones? Here is what I was planning:

From the active ports on the KX-TAW848 I will run a patch cord to a patch panel (w/110 punch down block) where I will have terminated all of the 25 or so seperate lines. I can then move ports to various locations as I add/move phones. All of this would be in a swingaway 19" rack. Rack mount the KX-TAW848, patch panel, power supply, other date compontents, video, etc.

Thanks for any help/advice you can give