<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by fpgaguy:
You're right of course about most of the features. I've got a seperate building in the back yard that is interconnected with the house. All the home and business lines go into the 816/vs75. The door phones are extemely useful. There was a time before I had them when a VP from a large software company showed up to talk business. I just happend to check the front door as she arrived. Otherwise it could have been bad.

The custom service on the VS75 gives my company as big a look as I want and keeps the "spam" calls away, since I have a seperate custom menu enabled on the home line. The only thing I'm missing is caller ID support. I really want to see the caller ID of a caller before I pick up the phone and I want it logged.

Thanks again for all the help. I'm very techincal, and have a strong comm background, but in the operational comm world. As well all know, no one can know everything these days.
</font>

UPDATE 6/7/2005:
I just installed a VPS50 and a 816-7 that I bought on Ebay. It works exactly like I wanted. No more blinking lights. The default behaviour is to display the caller ID while ringing the extension with the VPS programmed with FXA.