I got a little farther. I downloaded Win7 from Technet last week when it hit. This is the RTM version. As previous posters ran into it errors out right away with the non-supported OS. You can get around this with compatibility mode on the program (right click run as Vista SP1) Another hangup for me is I'm running 64-bit Enterprise so the SQL Express 2005 errors also. So what I did is got the correct installer, put it in the SQL Install folder and renamed the installer SQLExpr32 or whatever it is called by default. I got everything installed and am now to the point of where the login screen is not showing up with an asp error. I've been messing around with the IIS settings trying to get it to go. It seemed each step had it's own challenge and now it's so close!! I quit for today just because it was driving me insane. Basically if you don't trick the installer to have it do your SQL install, it won't load up the right db information for you and I'm still not positive that is where my issue is stemming from.

Toshiba CTX670 with ies32 8 port VM - retired
2 Cisco UC560's and 1 UC540 in a multi site config