My brother has access to a Nortel system (I don't know the model yet, so far he only has the desksets, but will be getting the KSU shortly). But from the looks of the desksets, I'm guessing it's a relativitly recent system, and looks to be hardly used. The company he got it from simply vacated the building and left the system behind.

My question (and please be honest): Do you think this is a project I could tackle, given my 1A2 tinkering? I know there is little in common between the two types of systems, and am guessing the real gotcha is learning how to program the KSU. As of now I have no idea what sort of documentation will be coming with the system, I'd guess little to none.

He already has a digital phone system in place, so I could take all the equipment home and tinker/learn about it here, and do the actual install at some point down the road - probably a long way down the road.

My initial recc. to him was to pay a pro to do it, but based on other threads I've read, most companies don't like installing systems that the customer already has onsite, and I can understand why.

Just looking for opinions, will post the model later today.

Thanks
Matt