Pri and regular lines don't have much in common other than a Line number appears on the screen when a call rings in or you make an outbound call. Pri is much better than regular lines believe me. BUT you have to know how to program DID route tables, and ringing assignments. Not the same thing as CO line ringing. Caller ID both name and number works over PRI. I don't know of any carriers that don't provide that. You do have to request that they turn it up either as DNIS or ANI with Caller ID deluxe. For standard cordless phones to show caller id you need an slt card with that function.You also have to program the phone to have the correct id type.

If the caller name worked before on the XTS it still will, but as stated above it needs to be turned on from the telco and PRI display name as well as some other options has to be set correctly.

Putting calls on hold can still be done by line appearance, but that is a bit unrealistic considering the PRI has twenty three lines. You should use Park Keys. With Call Park you can do the same thing...park it call someone, tell them which park it is on, they hit pound and the key to pick it up. That simple.

You mentioned digital sets? What phones are you using now?

www.myrandomviews
"Old phone guys never die, they just get locked in some closet with an old phone system and forgotten about"

Retired, taking photographs and hoping to fly one of my many kites.