Strange one: Customer wanted to turn off all AA + all VM forwarding. VM was only going to be available for internal messaging only. This was an out-of-town acct so all programming needed to be done via remote.

Edit here for clarity: I first turned off all CO PreSet Fwd. then I turned off all Sta Fwd. When that didn't work, I then did the following:

For all the following programming changes, I selected the entire range of CO + Sta ranges.

I removed: All CO PreSet Fwd to 450. All Station Bsy/NoAns Fwd. Set all associated PreSet & Fwd timers to 00.
Upon Testing, all unanswered calls still timed out to the Day Greeting (approx 16 sec which was what we had previously used for most timers and ignored our change to 00).

I then removed stations 150-157 from Hunt Group 450 & Disabled all Stations from the ability to enable the Call Fwd feature.
Then upon testing, all unanswered calls now began to be answered by mailbox 100.

The only thing I did not do was to reset the KSU. Dealing with this condition remotely required telling the customer to NOT answer my next call and since they do not have ICLID, they were anxious about not doing this too often.

Result: Flash VM still answered with mailbox 100.
FYI: The software release for both the KSU & VM is the initial release for both.

Resolution: I had the user remove the Flash VM board.
Again the only thing I did not do that I could think of was to reset the KSU. I did not do that due to the number of calls they were getting. Why they preferred Ring-No-answer to even providing a courtesy message was not my call to make.

I presumed that since all 8 phones on the system were assigned to Ring Day, that some forwarding from a station was triggering the direct to Mbox 100 greeting. However, after turning off everything I could think of, I was at a loss. Anyone else ever seen this? Can you have a Flash VM installed that is only used for internal memos? I could set one up here to test but I only STSe S/W right now.

- Dave S. -

You can never appease your ideologue opponents.