The phone company gave us PIN codes for FREE until this month. Now they want to charge us $10 each month. I want to avoid that charge. My staff of 25 is already used to using a code for long distance.
The Atlas IIe has forced acocunt codes available as a programmable option and I have the programming manual, I think. (I say I think because I don't know how to tell what version of software is installed.)

When our system was installed many years ago, the installer used an existing phone board with many exposed connections rather than a dedicated Atlas control box. We have one major phone from which all programming is supposedly done (has a display window) and three other phones that are sort of like "slaves" with no display windows.

I found a company that will sell me a SMDR box but they don't know much (if anything) about setting the system up. It appears from their prsentations that I only need one SMDR which is to be attached beside the major phone but there is no manual detailing the attachment that I can find online or in their information.

Any old-timers out there who have dealt with Atlas IIe systems in the past? Or someone who may have access to a manual for the SMDR?

Thanks for the info on the usual operation of the SMDR which indicates instant print of the call detail. That could indeed be an additional problem for me unless there's a way for me to direct that input to a file in the computer. Call accounting programs I've seen are much too expensive for this application.