I'm simplifying it right now by only having one Answer table for all four lines coming in. I've done this out of frustration at not being able to get the system to function like I want. Don't laugh - Initially I was trying to setup two answer tables with default mbox of 115 and 116. I then used 1701 to map a key to these boxes so that the lady that checks the boxes could see when new msgs came in.

Ideally - I need the first two lines for answer table 1 and the second two lines for answer table 2. An incoming call on any line rings all 4 lines and if no one picks up then the corresponding answer table states "Thanks for calling, dial the extension if you know it or leave message in general mailbox". So I set, box 000 for Answer Table 1 and box 002 for Answer Table 2. I won't have any night/day mode this will just be a continuous setup. From what I've read this should be close to the default setup except for the addition of answer table 2. My problem is that the incoming calls don't seem to be going to box 000 or 002 they make it to the instruction menu, female voice states wait, then rings 300, then 300 voice mail. I can't seem to find what's making it goto 300 even after I reset 9999 and rebuild. I'll try that 8006 you recommended and post if it resolves it.